Thai Restaurant?

Celery013

Sep 21, 2006
My friend and I have heard about a Thai Restaurant in the Bavaro area, but we don't know where it is. I only know that it is somewhere past Palma Real. Has anyone else heard of it or know where it is?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Balicana in Los Corales. Not just Thai but other East Asian including Malaysian and Indonesian. Closed Sundays, no credit cards. Weekday lunch menu is great value at RD$300 pp. A la carte menu is also quite reasonable, the food is excellent, nice setting, wonderful hosts.

There is an Asian restaurant called Serai in one of the plazas between Cortecito and Friusa which also serves Indian food but I haven't tried it yet.

Mocha2021

Jan 13, 2009
Serai also has a mixture of South East Asian food. They are situated in Plaza La Realeza where the Rico Hot Dog stand is - kinda hidden in a corner tho. I like how they ask you how spicy you'd like your dish to be - on a scale of 1 - 10 so you get to decide if you want it mild or really spicy.

Have been there a couple of times -food is great! Worth the try.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I really need to try Serai, but it's a longish drive for us. Do they open for lunch?

The folks at Balicana are very flexible with their ingredients and picante levels, and they are great with picky kids, and picky adults.

Celery013

Sep 21, 2006
Balicana was awesome! I had pad thai and vegetable spring rolls, and they were delicious. Price-wise I would say it was reasonable considering the area.
Definitely will be going back.

Thanks for the info, Chiri!!