reputable jeweler in SDQ?

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I just bought a ring for the novia and need to have it made bigger since I did not know her ring size. I would want to take it to a reputable jeweler that can do the sizing while I wait and watch. Don't want to chance any rock swapping or other tricks or scams. . . . .lol. . .

Any suggestions on a jeweler in SDQ that I can trust?

Reactions: cobraboy

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
My opinion is that any jewelry store in any of the big plazas will be your choice.

Plaza Central or Bella Vista Mall is where you should go. If you're looking for real cheap, with a little nail biting, any of the stores in Chinatown will fit the bill.

Where do you live in SD?

Not worried about cheap and don't want nail biting. Will go to bella vista. . ..

As for where I live in SD. . .. . ..uhm. . .. you were here on the 24th and left maybe an hour before I gave her the ring;-) Hint. . .. think Gazcue;-)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Go see Julio Brador or his wife Marilyn...at Brador's Best in Sto Dgo IMO.

HB

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Oh, you dog, you are SUCH a DOG!!!

If you had told me that, I would have blown off the neighbors in a New Yowk second.

But, that's OK, if she were associated with me, I'D be giving her all kinds of rings too. She is such a SWEETHEART.

I bet she doesn't even remember the food. ha ha

Did you notice I took a chunk of brisket under my shirt?

LOL. . . .no problem. . .we had plenty of brisket left. I am pretty sure I did tell you about the ring, but that was after several grandes!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Look in the Phone Book!!! Joyer?a Brador. They are the largest suppliers of class rings in the DR....

HB

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I know a great jewler, his name is Jose Luis, and his shop in the "Jardines de Gazcue" comercial plaza. Is located in the corner of Pasteur street with Santiago, at the second floor.

Thanks. . .I had also found him by making a few calls today. I live about 3 blocks away and the novia is in that plaza a few times per week as that is where her salon is and she buys me croisants at la baguette.

I called HB's guy but they only work on diamond rings bought from them for guarantee issues which seems like a good idea. Jose Luis does repairs for many of the major jewelers in SDQ and did all the work in his small shop with both myself and the novia watching. He did a great job and you can tell he has been doing this for years. . . .over 20 to be more accurate.

he had to size up the ring 2 sizes from 3-5, made sure the extra gold he soldered in was also 18k, repaired a necklace the novia had and a cheap ring she has but that has sentimental value was repaired and cleaned in his ultrasonic cleaner.

They are on second floor on the pasteur side of the Plaza and can be reached at:

809 682 4798 or jose's cell 809 853 5568.

My novia was freaking when she saw him cut the ring, fire up the torch, then hammer and file the ring. Once he finished with the fiiling, sanding and polishing she could not tell where the cut and solder were done and was beaming ear to ear with the ring finally on the proper finger. . .. . priceless. . .

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
`fINE INFORMATION, AND i THANK YOU FOR CALLING
'BRADOR...sorry, not yelling.

I will ask him about that policy....but I am also glad for the information on Jose Luis...most useful...

Thanks.

HB

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
`fINE INFORMATION, AND i THANK YOU FOR CALLING
'BRADOR...sorry, not yelling.

I will ask him about that policy....but I am also glad for the information on Jose Luis...most useful...

Thanks.

HB

It appeared to be because they do not want to be responsible for diamonds bought elsewhere. I can understand that and appreciate their honsety and concern. Jose worked out great and we walked there in 5 minutes!

After all the great info I have gleaned from DR1 in general and you HB specifically. . . .I am glad even a tidbit of my info may be of use!