Major travel changes,,,Son of a b!tch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Folks, we are in Florida now for a couple of short weeks with the grandkids...Maybe some R&R for us oldies but goodies.

Celebrating 45 years of togetherness, and like she says "Two years of intense courtship" ..so she calls the shots.

NOT the freakin' bad news..

The BAD news is this:

Because of that Axxhole in Detroit there are new rules for flying:

You will not be allowed out of your seat, nor access to your overhead or under-the-seat stuff for the last hour of the flight.

We were introduced to this on the SPIRIT flight at 4:25 this morning...No bathrooms unless super emergency...the FAA or the Anti-Terrorism or Home Security handed this down..

So go pee early and often and don't drink much on the flight...

I can't see this lasting for too long as it is too inconvienent. IMO.

Blessings to you all, from 60 degree F Florida...

HB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
usa rules or general?
bad news from me as i suffer badly from motion sickness. i'd have to stick to the sick bag... :(

mrchris74

Mar 14, 2006
It is a TSA advisory to the airlines: click here.

I like how Air Canada recommends that nobody brings a carry-on at all. Gee, that wouldn't have anything to do with $25 bag fees, would it?

This is just TSA over-reacting to make it seem like they're doing something. The terrorist waited to the final leg of the flight so that he'd be over American soil, and could potentially cause more casualties if his little M-80s actually did bring down that plane. Why enforce this in just the last hour? And what are the flight attendants gonna do if someone actually does get up? And what are they gonna do if I p*ss myself?

This is perfect. One more incident and they'll have us all sitting buck-naked with our hands up for the whole friggin' flight.

Chris

Last edited:

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Until the problem is confronted directly and without political correctness, WE will suffer the consequences. This added "layer of false security" could become like 3-1-1 liquids, removing your shoes and being singled out for "additional inspection & questioning".

Fly light and be vigilant.

We have suffered since 911, time to bring back the noose! Some good ole
West Virginny justice. We spend millions looking after criminals and coddling them , sending them to vacation in Gitmo, because they may be innocent......nada, caught red handed like this jerk, put him where he belongs (6 feet under)

HB enjoy your vacation, you deserve it, we are coming up to 42 years and will never catch you.

Wud

Last edited:

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Folks, we are in Florida now for a couple of short weeks with the grandkids...Maybe some R&R for us oldies but goodies.

Celebrating 45 years of togetherness, and like she says "Two years of intense courtship" ..so she calls the shots.

NOT the freakin' bad news..

The BAD news is this:

Because of that Axxhole in Detroit there are new rules for flying:

You will not be allowed out of your seat, nor access to your overhead or under-the-seat stuff for the last hour of the flight.

We were introduced to this on the SPIRIT flight at 4:25 this morning...No bathrooms unless super emergency...the FAA or the Anti-Terrorism or Home Security handed this down..

So go pee early and often and don't drink much on the flight...

I can't see this lasting for too long as it is too inconvienent. IMO.

Blessings to you all, from 60 degree F Florida...

HB

I thought it was bad when you had to take off your shoes. You always had to make sure you had clean socks, non holey socks on. Apparently this guys tried to set himself on fire. Whats next? You have to show up clothed and then change into a non-flammable bio hazard suit with adjoining colostomy bag to relieve yourself and to prevent you from "moving about the cabin".

mrchris74

Mar 14, 2006
Miami International 2 days ago:

TSA x-ray operator: "There's some liquid in that lady's bag."
TSA bag screener: "I'll check it out..."

:::rummages through bag, produces large bottle of Pepto-Bismal:::

TSA bag screener: "Oh its just medicine."

Attention Al-Qaeda: 3-1-3 rule does not apply to "medicine." Please place all liquid explosives in bottle of diarrhea medicine. If questioned, state that you just ate a bucket of fried chicken.

Freakin' genius.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
We have suffered since 911, time to bring back the noose! Some good ole
West Virginny justice. We spend millions looking after criminals and coddling them , sending them to vacation in Gitmo, because they may be innocent......nada, caught red handed like this jerk, put him where he belongs (6 feet under)

HB enjoy your vacation, you deserve it, we are coming up to 42 years and will never catch you.

Wud

I would like to congratulate you on your post...and vote it "Post of the Day". Why are all of us other travellers being inconvenienced and paying the price for criminals? I can think of a million other ways to put our tax $$ to good use!

Like any passenger, I want nothing more than for air travel to be safe for all of us but I fear soon we will be travelling shackled and handcuffed if this security issue is not brought under control. I am most curious as to how he got through Schipol Airport with some device supposedly strapped to himself.

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Mostly the U.S. Homeland Security wants to see the rule applied on all flights arriving in the U.S. from foreign ports whose security might not be up to "U.S. standards". In all probability the rule will be applied to all flights operated by U.S. airlines from anywhere to anywhere. If you are arriving in the D.R. on a non U.S. airline you probably won't be subjected to the abuse.

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Back when I flew rescue we used a LITTLE JOHN portable urinal, unbreakable plastic, with spill proof cap....(purposely deleted the link so mods don't nail me for shilling), just google the item if you need to see it ;)

I was always taught to solve problems (in math) by reducing the numbers to a common denominator...once you found the common denominator, you reduced it.....and the problem was solved.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Back when I flew rescue we used a LITTLE JOHN portable urinal, unbreakable plastic, with spill proof cap....(purposely deleted the link so mods don't nail me for shilling), just google the item if you need to see it ;)

ermm, you're not advocating using these whilst seated in a crowded commercial flight, especially for a female, are you? :cheeky: There are devices used by female glider pilots
Female Pilot In-Flight Relief

which might help. Only problem is, it's easier to use if not wearing knickers :cheeky:.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Well I'm traveling (hopefully) to the Dr in a few hours...hoping things go smoothly, but it's not looking good with all this crap and snow out east, delays at Newark (which I'm flying through) and long drive from Punta Cana to Cotui...wish me luck caus I think I'll need it.

LA71009

May 13, 2009
the strange part to this..

According to news reports his FATHER turned him in to the US Embassy in Nigeria in MID NOVEMBER, and yet he still received a VISA to go to the USA and was allowed to FLY to the USA and wasn't given any "extra screening" before boarding the plane. You'd think they would have had his info in a database or on a no fly list or something due to his father's report at the embassy.

Last edited:

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Nope, windeguy in the future air travel will be like this: You will be straight-jacketed to your seat, fed a sleeping pill to prevent boisterous impulses and to diminish your threat level and then finally be forced to watch every Billy Crystal ever made at random on the in flight movie service.

Sep 22, 2009
Perhaps, it lies within the process of buying the actual plane ticket. Much like applying for a gun permit in the States. I wonder if it would help to "cut them off at the pass". We should be able to keep unsubs out of the air the same way we deny them gun permits and credit cards to folks with poor credit ratings.

In other words, if you don't clear some database algorithm (more than what apparently exists now), you simply don't get a ticket.

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
To me his unsolicited declaration that he is from Al-Qaida is a 100% evidence and proof that he has nothing to do with Al-Qaida at all. Obvious.

And the whole story smells fish BIG TIME. There is only one entity that benefits from it...

"Trying to blow up a plane" with a birthday-party firecracker... Well,well...

Status
Not open for further replies.