DR1 Rocks!

Miked

Jul 25, 2009
Last summer while visiting the DR, I got into an accident with a rental car. While I panicked, I still took the time and asked for advice on DR1. After returning home, I filed the necessary paperwork with my CC company, after some delays while trying to get assistance from "dollar customer no service" I was able to get all my money refunded. Now that this is resolved I want to thank everyone for rushing to my aid, I'm extremely grateful. Additionally I'm writing the company's CEO and explain to him how Dollar car rental customers are being treated down there in the DR.

Sadly I've always known that; however I've rented cars in Bahrain, Dubai, England and many other parts of the world with few problems. In fact everytime there was an issue, ie, a scratch or whatever, I was always able to resolve it with the car rental company. I've never had anyone disrespect me and treat me as bad as I was treated by Dollar rent a car in the DR.

For those of you traveling to the DR,"word to the wise". the rental clerks will try to push the insurance on you, saying that you will be fully covered, "IT'S A COMPLETE LIE" THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO INTENTION OF HONORING IT". "CAVEAT EMPTOR" So make sure you waive everything so you don't have any issues with your CCC when you get home. Most major CCC provide the car rental coverage, but you must waive the rental car company's insurance. Check with yours if you don't already know.

On the flip side, the DR ,the people of DR, the people on DR1 rock!!
I have since returned, luckily I found a great English speaking Cab driver, I will use him from now on; my Spanish is also getting better.
Happy Holidays to all on DR1!!;) Thank you again.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
I learned the hard way that it always better to hire a driver.

They know where they are going, you are supporting a local family, make a new friend and you aren't responsible at the end of the day!

Glad to hear the cc company came through for you!

Sangria

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
Hi, Miked! really interesting story and I don't know the dr well enough to rent a car, ha, ha, ha but thanks for sharing, just like Sangria, I try and just hire someone cause that way I feel like its easier and having rented a car makes for so many more worries for me that I don't need to deal with. but all is well that ends well. take care God bless
Biggs