Buy Bicycle North Coast

Vibe_2020

Jul 1, 2003
Hello,

Does anyone know where I can purchase a bicycle on the North Coast?

I'm searched the forum and understand the risks, but the bike is for a Dominican national who can no longer afford 100+ pesos a day to get to and from work.

Thanks

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i would suggest you buy a pasola rather than a moto - may be a better choice.
you can purchase both from numerous dealers - they are virtually on every street. just remember to complain they charge a lot and ALWAYS ask for a discount...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
:ermm:
i keep on mixing them up, i used to call bicycle a bike but here a bike is a mororbike so i get all confused.
distributoria gonzalez in POP has bikes. the shop is on a side of a central park. i don't know the prices. i also saw advertisments in adscene and dominicancentral.com about bikes on the north coast.
cycling in DR is very dangerous thou. i did cycle a couple of times in cabarete - all drivers seemed to find it amusing to drive as close to me as possible and honk their horn as they passed by.

les1

Feb 1, 2007
I bought mine in Gasper Hernandez, basic 10 gear 4000 pesos. Shop called - I forget but one of the 1st on right coming from Caberete - after the little used shopping complex on the left - maybe called Papa Terra

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I know of two in Santiago, both on Av. Bartolomo Colon. One on the same side as La Sirena, about 1/2 mile before LS if coming from Edificio Hache, The other is directly across the street from La Sirena...both have large signs and lots of bikes out front...can't miss them. I can't speak for the smaller one on the same side as LS, but the one across the street is not cheap, but they did have a few basic mountain bikes starting around 5000 pesos, Raleighs starting around 7000, and some into the 100's of thousands...seriously...

Vibe_2020

Jul 1, 2003
Thanks!

Thanks Guys!

You've certainly gave me some helpful info. as to where he can began his search for a new bike.

Aug 21, 2007
I went through this a year ago. After researching Sosua to Puerto Plata to Gaspar Hernandez, I found a basic bike at a good price. Gaspar Hernandez, just as you are entering the town, on the right.....Bikes on the street on display.....Stop and talk to the sales people. I sent my Haitian gardener and they treated him bad and wanted a high price. I went and talked to them myself. They didn't have what I wanted....a basic, no gear, heavy duty bike. They sent me across the street to their warehouse, and, voila....there one was. No negotiating. Good price. (Can't remember, but I searched all across the North Coast and the best price was there.) I now have a one gear, heavy duty bike for my gardener to use.

If that is what you are looking for.....this is the place to go.

Good luck!

Lindsey