Memory Foam Mattress

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I've seen them for sale in Hidelisa, POP. Not cheap and unless you have A/C in your bedroom, you're gonna cook. They do get hot.

You could try a memory foam mattress topper. Not seen them here, but you can get them in Sears in the US.

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
A mattress topper would do as I have air.
My memory ain't what it used to be but don't recall getting hot in the summer at home. SO.....is there any place to purchase a topper???

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
full memory foam mattress costs well over 60k pesos (without the base; whole set is above 80k).
many other will have few inches of memory foam built in - they go for about 24-30k pesos.
available in most stores that have furniture.

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
wow

dv8 thanks for the info, crap that's expensive. Hmmmm maybe I can locate just the topper and settle.......or give up the dream.........

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i forgot to add the price is for king size. the smaller the cheaper, of course.

dreamsource

Jul 29, 2007
Mattress topper

We purchased a topper and brought it down in our luggage a year and a half ago...cheapest way to go, although do your research on the size and weight of the foam as packed for shipping...we found that a 2" sealy was small enough to carry in a big suitcase, and offered enough cushioning to improve our sleep quite a bit. Purchased from overstock.com, btw.

Good Luck!
ds

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
dreamsource: I HAD a topper at one time to bring down, but my son pilfered it and now he doesn't want to do without it! KIDS! gotta love em.

I'll keep searching for one down here and if can't find it will on my next trip to Toronto will buy another. I should add that I need a king size topper if anyone has an idea where I can pick one up here.

Thanks all

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ok, explain: is the topper something that lookes like a thick blanket and can be folded into a small neat square? or is it like a few inch thick mattress you see on the top of a normal sized mattress? if it is a blanket thingy then i saw them in santiago, in sleep center.

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
ok, explain: is the topper something that lookes like a thick blanket and can be folded into a small neat square? or is it like a few inch thick mattress you see on the top of a normal sized mattress? if it is a blanket thingy then i saw them in santiago, in sleep center.

Opening an old thread... Where can you find a memory foam topper here? Pricesmart? Somewhere in Puerto Plata?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I'm not sure if a memory foam mattress is a good idea. I wish they could forget. My one is blackmailing me!

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Opening an old thread... Where can you find a memory foam topper here? Pricesmart? Somewhere in Puerto Plata?

Google Map.... Tg El Tapicentro (fabric/mattress store) on Calle Beller in Puerto Plata. They have the largest selection in the city.

Taplicentro is on the right side just before the ARA Humano building.

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
Google Map.... Tg El Tapicentro (fabric/mattress store) on Calle Beller in Puerto Plata. They have the largest selection in the city.

Taplicentro is on the right side just before the ARA Humano building.

I know that one and are actually going there tomorrow. I will give an update if they have them. Some years ago I was there and then they did not have them. Amazed that not even IKEA has the toppers just the big mattresses.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Ask Anthony who sells mattresses around the North Coast. If he doesn't have them, I am sure he could make some calls. Have his number ?