Time management course

Zanahoria

Nov 25, 2006
Just wondering if there is anyone out there who either used to, or still is, teaching time or self management courses.

If so, and you are able to give such a course (and you are on the North coast or Santiago), please could you PM me?

Many thanks

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Sorry I don't have the time. Have you tried self-help books like The One Minute Manager and 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. I've taken the 7 habits of highly effective people and found it an excellent course. Still comes down to personal discipline in the end. Good luck finding a course or teacher( I believe one of the DR1 posters from Las Terrenas teaches these type of courses but don't recall the name)

Zanahoria

Nov 25, 2006
Thanks for the advise regarding the books but I don't think this person will read them!! Though I might read the 7 Habits book myself - sounds very interesting.

Hopefully the Las Terrenas poster will be able to help.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
you can get those books in spanish, i've picked htem up in local bookstores in spanish. if the person who this is for won't read books, it may be hard for them to get far with time management in general.

you may find it more enjoyable to help someone who is more motivated?

Zanahoria

Nov 25, 2006
He is motivated - just he is not much of a reader, which is why I thought doing the course might suit him better. I did a course and really enjoyed it.

Thanks for your help though.

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
As well as the books mentioned, you could try these lectures as a starting point.

The first one is 'Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams'. The premiss for these lectures was 'if you could only give one last lecture, what would it be?' The irony was, this guy was terminally ill.

YouTube - Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams

While it isn't relevant to the time management question, the second lecture I'm listing is specifically 'Time Management' but it makes reference to the previous lecture and understanding that this guy REALLY has to manage time helps to get the most out of it.

YouTube - Randy Pausch Lecture: Time Management

There are some excellent time management techniques in the second lecture. Both lectures are about 1 hour 15 minutes long.

For people who aren't interested in time management, I can still heartily recommend watching these. The guy was amazing.

viajar

Feb 19, 2009
Some friends in the DR had spoken copies of the seven habits on their ipods or CD in spanish so you may be able to find that there. Most of the time management lessons I've seen in the DR started manana.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
In my corporate days I was quite a fan of Stephen Covey! The 7 habbits is a 'must read' in the UK corporate world, fortunately I no longer live in it! LOL

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Time management is a matter of managing priorities. There is always plenty of time to do what is important it is a matter of deciding what is important.