santo domingo to las terrenas

stlouiewoman

Dec 30, 2009
We will be in SD and want to travel by bus to Samana. What is the easiest and most comfortable bus line? Any reasonably priced small hotel recommendations? And how do the transfers work from the bus station to the hotel.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
We will be in SD and want to travel by bus to Samana. What is the easiest and most comfortable bus line? Any reasonably priced small hotel recommendations? And how do the transfers work from the bus station to the hotel.

Take the guagua from Samana bus station located on Barahona street,behind Plaza Lama,on Duarte.There are 3 busses that go directly to Las Terrenas,8am,11am and one at 130pm.It is 250 pesos one way and takes around 3 hours...all guaguas are air conditioned and comfortabe.You will get off in downtown LT at various places,depending on where you will be staying and there are many hotels in LT that are reasonable...
I am not very familiar with the hotels,as I live near there and do not use them....I had friends stay at Oasis,right off main road,and they paid about 1500 pesos a night with a tv,1000 pesos without tv.
bob

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Are you traveling to Samana or Las Terranas? Samana City [that is not the official name] and LT are both on Samana peninsula, but are separate places and a little distance separates the two. The Caribe Tours bus goes directly to Samana, but if traveling to LT on the Caribe Tours bus you will have to go first to Sanchez and then take a taxi over the mountain to LT. The gua gua goes directly to both. As for places to stay in either city it would be helpful for us to know how many are traveling and if you are traveling with children.