New Year, Newbie Introduction

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Hello All!
After lurking for some time, I feel I know many of you, and I've also become suspicious of new posters! So I'll get my first post out of the way, and save my true "agenda" for the next post . . .

My love for the DR began in 1989 when Peace Corps sent me there. The lasting benefits have been an acceptable knowledge of Spanish and life-long friendships.

DR1 threads helped put divorce from my DDD in perspective---though I was neither sankied nor cheated on. My 8 year old remains a strong motivator for my interest in the DR.

I?ve found DR1?ers to be like a family?yes they fight and disagree, but when the chips are down they really come through for each other. That?s really why now seems like the time to join.

I?m looking forward to participating in discussions on those topics that I'm passionate about. Thanks for having me and for being such a great resource.

redsails

Jan 1, 2010
Step up

As a former resident of Sosua and having to depart the lovely island of Hispaniola due to health reasons, I also join La Rubia as a first time poster.

I do not intend to take shots at anyone, but to join and visit this board to relive some wonderful times. Memories of ribs at Rocky's and beers at Britannia and so many others.

Wishing all DR1'ers Feliz Ano Nuevo.

Red Sails

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
glad i'm not the only one :)

welcome....
altho i've posted a bit i still consider myself a newbie
sounds much better than an oldbie...lol:laugh: