Living The DREAM in the DR !

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Let's start the New year on a positive note!

This time of year brings many new and returning guests the time to bask in the sunshine and glory of leaving what ever it was that brought them here.

I am dedicating this thread to WHY ARE YOU HERE?

There is no right or wrong answer so please tell us.

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
it's cold up here!!!!!!!

;) i'm from canada...all i want is two weeks of freedom from the cold and work...spent a week last year in sosua and fell in love with it...doubling my time this time :)

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Been a regular yearly visitor since 1995, mainly to Sosua. Fell in love with the weather (of course), the people and the laid back atmosphere compared to the hussle and bussle back here in the UK. Took the plunge last year and bought an condo so I can now have two fortnightly visits a year rather than just the one. Looking forward to returning on 1st May when I can renew old acquaintances and hopefully make some new ones.
Tropical Regards
Reidy
anpalmisl.gif

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
I live here in the north 9- 10 months of the yr. Then return to a little itsy bitsy island north of the triangle. The reason I am here is simple....
1. Presidente Light Beer
2. *Year Round Sun
3. *Golf Courses
4. Trying to learning another language, culture, and the music
5. The experiences of traveling within this vast country
6. Wearing shorts & sandals all day long ( even in Santiago):cheeky:

* When #2 & #3 are not possible, #1 & #6 are.....

Bermudarum

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
Presidentes don't taste the same in the Palm Beaches;)

If the DR had a major pharmaceutical and marine industry, I'd probably be there full time:pirate:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Presidentes don't taste the same in the Palm Beaches;)

If the DR had a major pharmaceutical and marine industry, I'd probably be there full time:pirate:

I do believe Rec. Pharm. is the largest component of RD GDP.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Taxes,lax drinking laws,sunshine,ocean views,mountain views,cheap labor,
nice sunsets,beaches,cheap cigarettes,great butts,fun music,crazy friends,
good golf,excellent coffee,real chicken,decent internet,ok tv,colorful history,
egrets flying,sancocho,tastey fruits,conucos,colmados,cheap mani-pedis,great dentists,good doctors,no island fever,good tailors,many rivers,cool breezes,royal palms,bamboo,cheap beer,pliable news reporters,crooked gov't officials, 55-cent golf balls,easy access to the mainland,quiet neighborhoods,good waves, straight white teeth,safe havens,good food,multiple cultures,afterthoughts,forethoughts and money to blur the difference.

Reactions: windeguy

MyBocaChica

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2010
Well,

Just landed at Las Americas yesterday. I have traveled here for years and now we are going to be living in Boca Chica. I could NOT be happier. My brother-in-law has been an avid member of DR1 for years and recommended this site. Seems like lots of interesting events to dive into.

For us, it's a dream come true.

Regards,
Arnold