Monte Cristi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucian

Jan 25, 2008
I will be taking my first vist to Monte Cristi in Late February. I have done much research but cannot decide on a suitable hotel. I prefer to stay in town and will be jspending 2 or 3 days just talking to people, checking out the landscape and trying chivo picante. I will be travelling alone and need a recomendation for a hotel that is secure, clean, with air conditioning and hot water.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Hotel Cayo Arena

We just came back from two days in Montecristi, we went with my husband's brother and his wife who have been there before. In town is the Hotel Chic, where they stayed last time, and they said it was not pleasant - a/c didn't work, hot water didn't work, they wouldn't go back - but we DID eat a nice dinner and breakfast there. Right on the water is the Hotel Cayo Arena, we stayed there in a suite [2 bedrooms, bath, living room, kitchen, small veranda] for 3150 pesos a night [under $100]. A/C in both bedrooms, hot water, nice people. You have to drive along a makeshift road directly along the water to get to the hotel. They have a website: Hotel Restaurante Cayo Arena - Montecristi Dominican Republic [which I haven't looked at], their phone is 809-579-3145. There was another hotel [painted green] on the waterfront, but there was literally only one car in the lot, whereas the place we stayed had about six, even though it was a little more difficult to get to.

AE

thurston

Apr 21, 2007
Hotel Cayo Arena Montecristi

Hi Lucian,

I have stayed at Hotel Cayo Arena a number of times it is a nice safe hotel with good people. Large rooms nice pool, have not been for a wile but used to eat at El Bistrot.......Not much to do at night.

Have Fun

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Chic Hotel and Hotel Don Gaspar both of them are located in town safe and clean I stayed there many times when I was working like a salesman in the DR. I've never been in Cayo Arena this one is more for tourist people I guess.

JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.