Situation at Playa Esmeralda

spikemom

Dec 30, 2009
OK, apparently Playa Esmeralda in Guayacanes is open, or will be open, in February because I've been offered a reservation. Are they still in the throes of a renovation? Will we be staying in a construction site? Their reservations are taken by someone not located at the site, because they bizarrely still have no internet, so I can't inquire myself. Are they still operated by All Roses (who appear to have acquired the Talanquera)? Any insights most appreciated.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Mario the Italian person in charge is telling me every month that they will inaugurate that month but it's always postponed.
It's not going as smooth as it's supposed to go and I've been told by people who were supposed to do work for them that they have cash flow problems.
Good luck.

spikemom

Dec 30, 2009
Playa Esmeralda Hotel

The hotel has raised its rates but I am told by Roberto, who does not appear to work there but takes their reservations on bocachicaplaya.com, that there is now Wifi and the bathrooms have been renovated (perhaps other parts as well?) He also assures me there will be no problems with construction noise in February. It is indeed no longer on the All Roses website, which never appeared to accept reservations from the US anyway.
Has the Esmeralda been sold? Who is owning/managing it? Any further info/insight is appreciated. We have really enjoyed this area and this hotel for the past two years but if there are any issues, we could stay elsewhere.
Thanks so much.

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
Sammy Sosa Resort

...Has the Esmeralda been sold? Who is owning/managing it? Any further info/insight is appreciated...

Sammy Sosa purchased a hotel in Juan Dolio ...any idea which one ?'' SANTO DOMINGO .- The representative of the ex-baseball player Sammy Sosa said that baseball is immersed in the hospitality business in the country, so recently purchased a hotel in the area of Juan Dolio, San Pedro de Macoris.

Dauhajre said Sunday he still could not make a formal announcement of plans for the purchase of the hotel complex, which he also serves as a partner, not knowing whether it will be used as a commercial hotel or sold as an apartment.

He said former player in Major League Baseball is definitely tip the hotel business in the Dominican Republic and has plans to run a business in that row.

He said the former player is always related to sport and as a sign of this is that is building a baseball stadium in San Pedro de Macoris...'' El Deporte - Sammy Sosa compra un hotel en Juan Dolio

My sources tell me it is Esmeralda
matilda
;):bunny::classic: probably it's true