Bisto or similar

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
Sorry but need to find some Bisto or similar to help the sunday roast, can not find anything similar anywhere, any ideas. Santo Domingo, normal shopping in Plaza Lama, Churchill and 27th

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
you could have got it on your recent trip to Sosua in the American discount store, you probably didnt have much time while you were interviewing residents though

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
they have bovril in pola.....at least in the one in lope de vega.
might be worth a look if they have bisto or similar...there.

and for those who want it....there is hp sauce in la placita.

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
thanks I'll have a look this week.

Mr Hartley, Having a chat with ex pats in Sosua is interviewing people in your experience? Wow, I'd move out if you are so used to having your collar felt every conversation you have with friends feels like an interview.

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Sorry but need to find some Bisto or similar to help the sunday roast, can not find anything similar anywhere, any ideas. Santo Domingo, normal shopping in Plaza Lama, Churchill and 27th

This reminds me of the late, great Bernard Manning's famous joke about the couple from Harrogate spending their first vacation at their timeshare in Marbella. Edith is preparing dinner and discovers to her horror that she forget to bring the gravy powder.
Ernie says - "Don't fret thasel' Chuckie, I hear there's some folk from Bingley in th' flat downstairs, they'll be bound to have, I'll go see, happen I can borrow some".
So Ernie plods down the stairs and knocks on the door.
When George opens the door, Ernie flashes his best smile and says
"Hasstha any Bisto?"
George takes one look and says "Pi$$ off, ya Spanish twit!!"

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
This reminds me of the late, great Bernard Manning's famous joke about the couple from Harrogate spending their first vacation at their timeshare in Marbella. Edith is preparing dinner and discovers to her horror that she forget to bring the gravy powder.
Ernie says - "Don't fret thasel' Chuckie, I hear there's some folk from Bingley in th' flat downstairs, they'll be bound to have, I'll go see, happen I can borrow some".
So Ernie plods down the stairs and knocks on the door.
When George opens the door, Ernie flashes his best smile and says
"Hasstha any Bisto?"
George takes one look and says "Pi$$ off, ya Spanish twit!!"

:laugh::laugh: Got to be British to appreciate that one.