golf/sites/near resort.

B

Barry

going to cabarete and was wonder about near golf courses and pricing also other sites to visit.. anything u would like to share.

L

laurie bailey

travelling to juan dolio, and was wondering what golf courses are in the nearby area, and pricing for 18 holes of golf, rental of clubs, rental of a cart, and golf lessons.

H

hlywud

What resort and when? A couple of golf courses near Juan Dolio.

H

hillbilly

Golfing at North Shore and South Shore

From Cabarete: There is a nice little course right there that I always forget about. Laguna Azul I think, it's nine holes off to the left as you go from "downtown" Cabarete towards Sosua.
There is also Playa Grande, one of the M-U-S-T P-L-A-Y courses in the world at rediculous prices (cheap). This is Roberrt T. Jones' masterpeice and rival Pebbl;e for scenic beauty and majesty. About an hour to the East from Cabarete.
Then there is Playa Dorada, another RTJ course, made for tourists, but it can play at over 7000 yards with water, and lots of wind. It's about 20 minutes to the West. And there is Los Mangos in Cofres?/Coast Ambar area Small 9 holer.
Finally, about 1:20 from Cabarete in Santiago there is Las Aromas, an 18 holer by Pete Dye.

On the South Shore by Juan Dolio:
#1 is Metro CC. Across the street!
#2 is an hour to the East: Casa DeCampo and Teeth of the Dog and the Links
#3 would be an hour and a half to the West-Las Lagunas National , about 15 km,. to the northwest of Santo Domingo on the hwy to Santiago.

Fairways and greens!!

hb

L

laurie bailey

we will be staying at the best western metro hotel golf & marina, and going january 25th - february 5th. I know we are quite close to a golf course there, but don't know any prices, or any other courses that may be close.

R

Randy

The course near Caberete is a 9 holer called Costa Azul. Played it in March 00. Cost was $7US plus caddie fee of$4. Flat layout in dire need of attention. Would be an enjoyable afternoon round but it's just in really poor shape. Maybe there have been some improvements made since last year but if not, you going to have to ride 1/2hr to Playa Grande or about 40min to Playa Dorado.