D'Arcy Wright Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

a.wright

Dec 11, 2009
I was informed today that there is no longer an ongoing investigation and the case into D'Arcy's abduction has been closed. The last time D'Arcy spoke with anyone in law enforcement he was assured that the case was still active. We are disappointed as this contradicts the information we previously had from police, however, we have now been informed that this is normal practice in the Dominican Republic.

Our family is truly thankful to all those who worked so hard and dedicated themselves in our search for D'Arcy and to those who remain very supportive.

Mack

Jan 10, 2009
Robert,
The suspense is driving me crazy.
I'm going to close this D'Arcy related thread for now.

I'm waiting on some official information, but being as it's a holiday tomorrow (Monday) in the DR it might get delayed. So expect an update either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Let's not start any new threads, unless someone has anything earth shattering to add

Thanks.
Mack.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I was informed today that there is no longer an ongoing investigation and the case into D'Arcy's abduction has been closed. The last time D'Arcy spoke with anyone in law enforcement he was assured that the case was still active. We are disappointed as this contradicts the information we previously had from police, however, we have now been informed that this is normal practice in the Dominican Republic.

Our family is truly thankful to all those who worked so hard and dedicated themselves in our search for D'Arcy and to those who remain very supportive.

Thank you for the update.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'm waiting for an official press release from P.N Press Director, General Nelson Rosario Guerrero. I had already heard "unofficially" last week that it was case closed due to no evidence of a kidnapping/abduction, phone log activity, no motive and that he actually turned up 18 days later.

If I don't get the press release tomorrow. I will post the phone logs and recorded interviews with the hotel staff at La Casona de Piedra and also the Hotel Mango across the street.

Sorry Mack, I wanted to wait for the official P.N. release.

MyBocaChica

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2010
I'm waiting for an official press release from P.N Press Director, General Nelson Rosario Guerrero. I had already heard "unofficially" last week that it was case closed due to no evidence of a kidnapping/abduction, phone log activity, no motive and that he actually turned up 18 days later.

If I don't get the press release tomorrow. I will post the phone logs and recorded interviews with the hotel staff at La Casona de Piedra and also the Hotel Mango across the street.

There were photgographers and PN around the Casona de Perdida today.

LA71009

May 13, 2009
hopefully....

The recordings of the interviews with hotel staff will be transcribed in English too.....

For those of us who don't "Habla"

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
One more domino falls.

SKY, Did you mean POP airport would be busy with D'arcy returning?

I think Robert would not have posted what he had recently said if he was not fairly certain of the results.

Next...

I mean the other way around, a lot of people are booking flights out as we speak.

Collingwood

Dec 4, 2004

Robert, are you talking about the Hotel Mango in Boca Chica?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
coronal rosaria is a friend of a good friend of mine. I know him too. he is an honest and straight forward man. You will get the real deal from him. I am surprised he didn't press charges on D'arcy himself. He is no one to fool with.
AZB

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
coronal rosaria is a friend of a good friend of mine. I know him too. he is an honest and straight forward man. You will get the real deal from him. I am surprised he didn't press charges on D'arcy himself. He is no one to fool with.
AZB

I am interseted AZB. What charges could be imposed?

Who else ( conspirators ) could be charged and like the US of A can a conspiracy charge be more severe?

IYOP can the ( phone records ) people who were contacted be in legal conspiracy also?

Do they even charge people with conspiracy in the DR?

Thanks

MyBocaChica

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2010
What does "bagabundria" mean?

I think Extreme
meant: "vagabundaria" Since the etymology is as follows:

1426 (earlier vacabond, 1404), from M.Fr. vagabonde, from L.L. vagabundus "wandering, strolling about," from L. vagari "wander" (from vagus "wandering, undecided;" see vague) + gerundive suffix -bundus. The noun is first recorded c.1485.

I don't know why so many of my brethren transpose the "v" and "b", but I see it everyday.

The Dominican inference is something along the lines of a state of pure debauchery, disarray and disgrace -- I believe.

But I'm just a fat old truck driver. Kathy is the one with the brains.​

Status
Not open for further replies.