Time to get thru security at sdq?

todobien

Jul 20, 2008
i'm hear in the d.r. now and leaving in a week. i just heard it took 4 hours to get thru security at sdq today. anybody else heard about problems getting thru security? anybody just leave and what was your experience. just wondering because i want to get to the airport in plenty of time if there are problems. thanks

Amilda/Expat

Jan 22, 2002
No, my son left last week to Miami and we wasted our time arriving 3 hours earlier because everything worked normal and he entered without any problems. Mine you his fly was at 7:00 AM

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
I left out of AILA (SDQ) on Mon (the 4th) at 4:40 pm and got to the airport at 3 pm and went through security fine...you'll go through the normal airport security like everyone else, however if you are US bound in our case everyone boarding AA had to go through additional security (which included a physical pat down and physical look through carry on) this is at the gate....so you do not want to delay going through the first security check and immigration since you will have to get into another line outside the gate for the 2nd checkpoint. To say the least the flight was delayed by 30 min because of the need to process the passengers through the additional security point.

You may have heard about a 4 hour processing time since the 5th probably a heavy travel day since the 4th was a national holiday.

todobien

Jul 20, 2008
i heard it wasn't so bad

thanks for the responses.. my friend who works at the airport said she thinks the long delays were a one day deal. i have seen on the net about serious long security waits. anyway thanks again.