the missing ribs thread that got closed

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
A week or so ago there was a thread about a roast pig with some missing ribs that descended into bickering fit for a gradeschool cafeteria and was closed.

I ran across this the other day and I think I may know where the ribs went.

IMG_0182.JPG

This roast pig was for sale at Pricesmart Santiago, and I noticed that when the pig is roasted whole like that it seems that the ribs become "detached" from the rest of the body and kind of fall inward, with little or no meat on them.

I think that may be what happened the OP of the other thread's ribs.

Just an idea

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I was the original OP and I believe you may be correct. After the thread was closed, I had my girlfriend call her family in the campo and ask more questions and it seems that when they cut the pig it was on it's stomach and the rib cage was lying flat on the table.
I never had a whole pig before and they hadn't either, so I didn't see any ribs and neither did they. Now they tell me that they believe the ribs were there. I never saw them, but now they say they were there, so I believe them. My most sincere apologises to the Mercado that sold me the whole pig. In the future I will personally tear that sucker apart and not trust another person telling me it was short. The mercadoes name is Lechonera Milito and again my most sincere apologises.

Last edited:

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Also, I called and spoke with Mr. Jose Polanco (Lechonera Milito owner's son) and he told me if anything was wrong he will take care Mr. waytogo.
No missing ribs and happy ending.;)
Lucille

Reactions: waytogo