cash in packs of crisps!

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
one of my kids has found rd$50 in a pack of crisps.
at first i thought he'd nicked it off someone, but sure enough, they are giving away cash in doritos.

does anyone else find enticing kids with cash like this is not just poor taste, but downright wrong?

what next....snorts of cocaine?

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
one of my kids has found rd$50 in a pack of crisps.
at first i thought he'd nicked it off someone, but sure enough, they are giving away cash in doritos.

does anyone else find enticing kids with cash like this is not just poor taste, but downright wrong?

what next....snorts of cocaine?

I hope it was wrapped in cellophane :paranoid:

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I'd rather have the cash...........

..........a few years back we found a package of ketchup in a bag of potatoe chips.........

...........for a long time, we thought someone dropped it in there......then found out that they were putting them in as "samples".......but it wasn't written on the package.........

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
This is not the first time they do do that in the DR I remember this was a very popular practice back in my days, I mean when I was a little kid.

Who of you guys reminds this;

Gofio -- similar to corm meal, packed in a paper cone with a ten cents coin reward, the cost of this product was only RD $ 0.01

Pinocho -- sugar caramel packed in a paper roll with a ten cents coin reward

I can name a bunch of things like this.

JJ

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
El Chuflay, this one was so popular back in the 1970s that people made a slang about this.

Te lo sacaste en un Chuflay
= it means that somehow you won something good or bad.
related to a person that all time is trying to approach someone else in order to get something from this person.

Ej: if you go somewhere lets say to "El Clasico" in Sosua and a girl that you don't like is all time chasing you.

Te la sacaste en un Chuflay...

Jeje

JJ

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
And here I am wasting my money on cracker jacks! The better surprise is in Doritos:cheeky:

BTW POP, ketchup chips by Herr's are one of my favorites!