Bus - Cabarete/Puerto Plata to Jarabacoa

voleibolchica

Mar 31, 2009
Hi all!

My fiance and I live in Santo Domingo and have some friends visiting this week. Since we don't have a car, we usually take Caribe Tours or Metro from Santo Domingo. We're heading to Cabarete with our friends this weekend and they would like to head to Jarabacoa after that. So - my questions: how does one get from Cabarete to Jarabacoa without renting a car? Caribe Tours or Metro would be preferable, but I haven't been able to find that route on their websites.

Any help is greatly appreciated!:bunny:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
As far as I know, if leaving from Sosua/Cabarerte, the best way to go by "big" bus is to take Caribe Tour from Sosua to La Vega, then Caribe Tour to Jarabacoa.

Perhaps there are other buses or guaguas from Santiago; Hillbilly or somebody with experience can tell us that. Or you can take a taxi from Santiago to Jarabacoa.

From La Vega, besides Caribe Tours, I believe there are also guaguas going from La Vega to Jarabacoa, but Caribe Tour would be more comfortable. The only thing is, you may have to wait awhile at the La Vega terminal for the bus going to Jarabacoa.

You may want to change the order of your trip. Take the bus from Santo Domingo to Jarabacoa. Then Caribe Tours from Jarabacoa to La Vega, and then La Vega to Sousa on Caribe Tours. I think this would be the easiest and most convenient for you and your friends. It would be the most direct, so to speak, with the least amount of time waiting for another bus.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Probably the easiest way, if you are there to help them is to get to Santiago, and then a quick ($125 pesos) taxi ride to the Parque de los Chachasis (Sabana Larga corner of Restauracion).
Buses leave every 10-15 minutes for La Vega and Jarabacoa. these are not big buses, They are Toyota Coaster or similar...

IF you should take a La Vega bus, tell the driver to let your friends off at the Texaco Station so they can catch a but to Jarabacoa.

Any major issues/??? Send me a PM...

HB