Telephone problem, Sosua

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
Our house in Sosua is not serviced by Verizon and we have terrible cellular signal. Although I have Lancer internet service, Magic Jack and Vonage don't work - I've tried several times, and the service is intermittent at best. Also, they are not a solution for local service.

I know I can get Lancer voip, but I'm wondering about other solutions. Can I mount a cell antenna? Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks,
-D

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
What level of service are you getting from Delancer? We got terrible reception for magicjack and skype on the $38 level. We upgraded to the $51 and skype works great. I haven't reupped magicjack so can't answer about that but my guess is it would work better.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We are using a company called VYL media ( www.vyomedia.com ) It used to be called Voice Over IP Forever. The cost is $29 a month for basically world wide coverage. We are using it with Delancer with no problem. There is an imcompatibility with Delancer (ComCast signal) and Vonage. We had to give up our vonage service because of it. Maybe it is the problem with Magic Jack. Vonage said it was delancers fault and delancer blamed vonage. The new company works just fine.

BObK

Bob,

I think the correct link should be

www.vylmedia.com

Gregg
Mod.

Last edited by a moderator: