Cheap eats in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcancun

Jan 4, 2010
Where can someone get a cheap bite to eat for breakfast, lunch, or dinner? Thanks.

Last edited:

MrArturo

Jan 8, 2010
Bailey's served up a good Dominican lunch (cafeteria style) last year when I was in Sosua. There's a reason there is a line-up.

mrcancun

Jan 4, 2010
I heard there's a new chicken place across from Hotel Europa? Wasn't there another chicken place further down, but before passions? Is that still there?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
see sosua news for chicken place , there is an article.
dinner -orchidees or la costera are cheap options for a proper evening meal

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Al Buen Gusto, next to Bologna's. Excellent food and prices. ie. Filet Mignon for 350/395 pesos. Brahma 50.00, Presidente Peq. for around 60.00 I'm not sure exactly as I don't drink it.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Susanna's Restaurant..Um Um Bueno!!!!!

My favorite place to eat in Sosua is Susanna's Dominican Restaurant, across from Eddie's Sports Bar.

The food is already cooked and you order it deli-style.

She'll have sea bass (excellent), somedays chivo (my favorite), chicken, beef, pork, assorted veggies, salad, rice and beans, etc.

Prices are cheapy, cheapy...

Never big crowds, and friendly service. Susanna is a real nice lady: when she gives you the cheque she always signs in the "customer's name" space with the words "my friend.":)

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Hungarian Restaurant

Hungarian Restaurant is another place with cheap prices and huge portions. The only thing I don't like is that (it must be a Hungarian thing) that it seems
that everything has dill seasoning in it and tastes like pickles...I got a HUGE plate of beef and noodles the last time I was there, and it would have been EXCELLENT by itself, but it had that everpresent dill seasoning in it which detracted from the taste.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Sandro's in Cabarete

Not to deviate from the subject here too much, but if you're in Cabarete Sandro's is my favorite restaurant there with good Dominican food and prices.:pirate:

mrcancun

Jan 4, 2010
The Hungarian Place is far. It's near El Torro's? I was going to visit that place. I don't like food with Dill seasoning. :( :surprised

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
One of my favorite "deals" is the fish and chips at Britannia...It's huge and delicious and pretty reasonable. They also have a different plate for 99 pesos every day at happy hour (burger and fries, chicken wings, etc), and usually a good "daily dinner special" for around 200-250 pesos.

Britannia Bar Sosua - Home

For cheap, delicious chicken, my favorite is the "Simong" stand across from Dominos/Four Roses. For more than three years. I was super loyal to Pollo Nortena, just past Club Residencial, but after trying Simong's chicken, I haven't been back. A half chicken with tostones is 125 pesos.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
One of my favorite "deals" is the fish and chips at Britannia...It's huge and delicious and pretty reasonable. They also have a different plate for 99 pesos every day at happy hour (burger and fries, chicken wings, etc), and usually a good "daily dinner special" for around 200-250 pesos.

Britannia Bar Sosua - Home

For cheap, delicious chicken, my favorite is the "Simong" stand across from Dominos/Four Roses. For more than three years. I was super loyal to Pollo Nortena, just past Club Residencial, but after trying Simong's chicken, I haven't been back. A half chicken with tostones is 125 pesos.

Yes with Britannia, I used to go every Saturday for their 99pesos Fish & Chips, delicious!!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Yes with Britannia, I used to go every Saturday for their 99pesos Fish & Chips, delicious!!

This Sunday they are starting the Sunday supper with Roast Leg Of Pig with all the trimming"s like sage stuffing and crackling.

Put me down for one of those.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I still think Rockys has excellent food with reasonable prices.
Ribs are great, chicken wings are fantastic, and the breakfast menue has it all.

May 29, 2006
I really like Rocky's, esp for breakfast, but don't expect to get your meal in a hurry. I also liked Jolly Rodgers esp if they still have the Pirogies and their VERY hot wings. If the Checkpoint still has lunch, they had a good price usually. Britannia is prob the most popular with the ex-pats, but it is out of my price range. Stay away from PJs unless you like food poisoning.

http://www.rockysbar.com/Rocky's Menu Finished Art -Medium.jpg

http://www.rockysbar.com/Rocky's Menu Finished Art -Medium Front.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.