Question for PC Gurus

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Where in Dominican Republic can I purchase a CMOS Battery for my laptop?
Exact spec's: Maxell ML 1220 rechargeable, 3V.

Thanks in advance.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
If it is a battery PACK you are looking for, I'd suggest ebay and have it shipped thru a Miami shipping forwarder.

If it is an internal backup battery... I don't know... maybe RadioShack (I doubt it as I don't like RS either) or any other online US electronics supply outlet... even again ebay?

But HERE?... I don't think you will it find worth while chasing down a part here, and IF you'd find it pay some ridiculous premium.

... J-D.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
But HERE?... I don't think you will it find worth while chasing down a part here, and IF you'd find it pay some ridiculous premium.

Omega Tech will have almost any part you can find on Newegg for maybe 20% more, The Shack is indeed a waste of time.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Omega Tech will have almost any part you can find on Newegg for maybe 20% more, The Shack is indeed a waste of time.
Interesting! Thanks Tambo!

OMEGATECH, S.A.
John F. Kennedy Km. 8 1/2 Los Prados, Santo Domingo
Republica Dominicana
Tel (809)683-4343 * Cell (809)449-7889

Email: Alvin@omega.com.do
http://www.omega.com.do/ (web site down at time of posting)

Omega Tech has outlets in the US, Dubai, Germany and many Latin American countries. OMEGA-PARTNERS

... J-D.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Yeah, I thought about that but...

If it is a battery PACK you are looking for, I'd suggest ebay and have it shipped thru a Miami shipping forwarder.

If it is an internal backup battery... I don't know... maybe RadioShack (I doubt it as I don't like RS either) or any other online US electronics supply outlet... even again ebay?

... J-D.

Nobody LIKES Radio Shack but sometimes they are an unavoidable fact of life and it's just worth paying for the convenience. I buy a lot of batteries for all sorts of electronic gear in my profession and there are significant bargains to be found online

Notebook Batteries | Laptop Batteries | Camcorder Batteries | Digital Camera Batteries

but I have had problems with getting supplies hung up in customs and other shipping problems and I have used the Shack as a backup on more than one occassion as it has been worth the extra expense just in the time (paid manhours) that I saved.

If you guys have a better source, feel free to share it without throwing flames at mine. I was just trying to help.

May 5, 2007
Hey, don't knock the "Shack." When I was TDY to NAS Oceana, half the birds in the RAG would have been permanent hangar queens if not for "Shack" parts. The AT's said they could find many of the same same parts at RS for about 1/10th of Govt. procurement prices and 10 times quicker

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Thank you everybody.
I will follow all the leads and let you know if I get lucky and find the battery and where.