Internet in Cabarete

oneironaut

Dec 28, 2009
www.atomiczombie.com
Greets!
I am looking for a few opinions on finding the best ISP for my needs.
I am living at OrillaDelMar and currently use the shared system that was installed here by Codetel.

I am a power user, and require the most reliable and stable bandwidth possible. The speed is not really the issue so far, and I am battery backed up, so the DR power roller coaster is also not a problem. What is really annoying is how Codetel is blocking certain ports and throttling bandwidth. I do have router access and have forwarded the required ports and even tried DMZ, but Codetel seems to have many roadblocks in place. I have managed to get around this somewhat by using protocol obfuscation, but this is far from perfect.

So my question is... are there alternatives to Codetel? If so, which ones might provide the best solutions for running a VPN or Webserver?

Thanks,
Brad

Jan 17, 2009
The only alternative I know to Codetel in Cabarete is the cable company (Cable del Norte) and I've heard is much, much worse than Codetel.

Cab1

Oct 30, 2012
I dont know before but now as far as I know cable del norte's service is way better than codetel. I have the 6Mbps/1.5Mbps plan and its working great since installed...

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Go with cable del norte "cable" internet service, I live here in orillas del mar also and I'll let you try mine out, it's just as good as any service you've ever had in the US :) My service in orillas del mar is 6mb download 2mb upload and at my office is 10mb download 3mb upload, good luck, it's not cheap though.