Samana - Shore Fishing

Ron1

Dec 23, 2009
Hi all. I know there are other threads related to fishing, but mine is very specfic. I will be staying at the GBH Cayacoa again and did try fishing with a rod from the dock on the resort. It was fun (caught some crabs, but no fish). It was a little shallow and they did have some netting closer to shore. I'm wondering if there is a spot near (or on) the resort that would be more productive for shore fishing? Can a guy get down onto the rocks from that "bridge to nowhere" for example? Preferably somewhere I can walk to in the early morning from the hotel? Also, if there is a decent place to fish, what species am I likely to catch?

I can bring an extra rod and lures if anyone has a good spot to share.

toursamanawithterry

Jan 30, 2009
You can fish from any place that you like. I would go just about anywhere and not be worried about other people. But for a tourist you might not feel safe fishing just anywhere in that area.

I know that there are a ton of different fish just about anywhere you go. I don't know how good the fishing is though. I will talk to one of my friends to see where he would fish out there.

toursamanawithterry

Jan 30, 2009
There is a rocky point off of the main beach where you can fish but you would need to use shrimp to be successful. Out on the island at the end of the bridges you might have some success too but I don't recommend that just anyone goes out there.

This is the info that I got from one of my local buddies who fishes a lot.

Ron1

Dec 23, 2009
Thank you so much Terry...I think I know exactly where your talking about (and I know the hotel staff will help me out with some shrimp). I'll make sure the armed security people know what I'm doing out there at 5:00 am. If I catch a big yummy baracuda I will clean it up for you!

Terry, is there a way to get more info on the tours you do or should I pm you for more info?

Thanks