earthquake

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
You will be fine. I'm sure you wil not even be aware of what has just happened unless you turn on the TV here.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
We didn't even feel the quake in Punta Cana, and Saman? is even further away from Port-au-Prince so neither of you should change your plans.

PSUfella

Jan 13, 2010
No, do not delay. All is well in the DR. You will not even be aware there was an earthquake in Haiti.

I'm just curious as to the impact such an earthquake could have on the other fault line(s). Like could it trigger something on the other side of the island.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I'm just curious as to the impact such an earthquake could have on the other fault line(s). Like could it trigger something on the other side of the island.

You never know...

The earthquake is a serious subject, let's treat it with respect, please.

Gregg
Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:

PSUfella

Jan 13, 2010
Yea, I know what you're saying. Just wondering if there was science or a common pattern on the island that supported or disproved that a large earthquake on one side of the island, on one fault line can cause an event on the other side of the island and/or another fault line.

More likely than not, I'm still coming!

There was just another aftershock in Haiti about 35 minutes ago though. A 4.6.

Last edited by a moderator:

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
No one lives forever. My daughter lives right on the San Andreas fault in California and I kid her all the time about having a lifejacket in the house. Come on over, you'll be fine, I think!!!! I would worry more about the drinking water here than an earthquake.

dahlia

Nov 21, 2006
hi, just to remind you that there is a large community of haitians in the dominican republic, mainly in Samana - Las Terrenas. I am sure that anything you could bring to them like clothes - or money - would be welcome to help their family when they will be able to visit them