Transportation from North Coast to Haiti?

hicksy

Nov 25, 2005
Some of my workers are concerned about their families in Port o Prince and want to immediately travel from Sosua o Po'P. I understand their need, however with the unknown turmoil and travelling conditions, I am thinking that the buses may not be travelling there right now. Does anyone know at this short hour post earthquake if this is even possible?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i do not know about transport from sosua, all haitians i know on the north coast use caribe tours bus from santo domingo. it leaves daily at 11am. call SD terminal to find out if the buses are still running to haiti: 809 221-4422.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Frontier is open. I would not recommend it. The shambles of Port au Prince nearly defy description. Rotting corpses on the streets, piled on corners, flies covering them, the stench growing by the minute. Dante would feel at home there.

NOT a place to go now.

HB

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Caribe tours are running from Santo Domingo. They are going as far towards Port au Prince as they can, but cannot reach the actual city. People are talking about all the new stream of immigrants coming here from Haiti. At the moment the opposite is happening, and there are streams of Haitians leaving this country to try and find their loved ones there - just as you or I would do - whatever the cost.

matilda

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
hicksy, give your workers a helping hand and pay for their tetanus shot, if you can. one thing is to go and look for family and another to risk own life. i smell epidemics big time :(

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
just talked with Caribe Tours. Their bus left today at 11 with only 28 passengers as opposed to a full load of 50. They said that there were no problems at the border.

There are two Haitian bus companies as well that regularly go so they may have been full.

mbetty0128

Jan 30, 2010
Traveling Back from Haiti to Santo Domingo

I drove with a group using a truck to haiti to help some family members in Petionville, Haiti. The group left earlier than I did, so I am now looking for transportation back to Santo Domingo. (I was advised that there are three buses in haiti "Caribe Tours, Terra Bus and a third" that I can take to Santo domingo.)

Does anyone know if they are running daily and from where? (With the earthquake Ive heard the buses may only be picking up at certain spots.)

Any help would be appreciated.:)