Club Viva Dominicus

D

Donna

Has anyone stayed at this resort? We are considering going this February and would appreciate any information on this resort. We will be taking our 6 year old son with us. We are looking to go for two weeks. Also, how has the weather been? We were in Puerto Plata 2 years ago and had 4 days out of seven that were wet and cloudy.

Thanks for any help.

M

mina

I just returned from there!!! My family has gone to this hotel for the past three times. We, needless to say, really like it. We always get a bungalow - no air conditioning, no TV, no glass windows (only nets and shutters!!!). If you don't go for that they have the cushy style rooms with all the comforts of home too!

The place is great ! The beach is amazing and the food is good too! There is tons of wildlife and a great stretch of sand you can walk for an hour or so.....

The weather was not so good this time, but the vacation as usual was fantastic!!!

If you go, be nice and learn some Spanish, the locals really appreciate your efforts and you'll be rewarded with lots smiles!!!

Cheers,

Mina

L

Luanne

We were at this resort in November 1999. It is beautiful. The sand is white and the water is turquoise blue and crystal clear.
If I were you, I'd bring snorkeling equipment for you and your son. You can snorkel right at the resort, or for $5 US you can go on a 10 minute boat ride where there are many colourful fish.
The food is pretty good, and the nightly shows are fantastic. The only problem we had at the resort was communicating with the bartenders, waiters, etc. There were 900 tourists at the resort,and only 16 were english speaking. We were 8 of them. We did a lot of pointing. As the week went on, we learned some spanish phrases that helped our situation.
I would not hesitate to go to this resort again!
Have a great time on your trip!!