Dominican to Haiti with cedula?

Tibu

Mar 19, 2002
Hi,

can a dominican go to Haiti with cedula only or does he require a passport?

A lot of international help for Haiti is going via the DR and for ground transportation it seems to be the best to get a local driver. I am checking out a few things for an organisation which will send experts from Germany. My long time taxi driver would take them there, but I doubt that he has as passport.

Thank you

Tibu

Tibu

Mar 19, 2002
OK, meanwhile I am one step further. If there is no special rule for the actual situation, a passport would be reqiured.
But I have found another driver. Now the problem is that usually a permit is required to go by car and this permit has to be obtained at least 3 days in advance. I will write about this problem in another thread.

Tibu

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Dominican citizens require a visitor visa to enter Haiti.

It can be obtained from the Embassy in Santo Domingo and costs approx $85 USD.

It apparently takes approx. 2 days to be issued and therefore a passport would be required.

Dj_iET

Sep 8, 2008
www.myspace.com
there has to be special circumstances.. american airlines are flying in doctors and nurses for free to help in haiti.. you probably just have to make a few phone calls

Tibu

Mar 19, 2002
Thank you. However I think (hope) that Haiti will not obstruct the humanitarian help and there will be many people going that way and having the same problems.

Tibu

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
You should prepare them to get to Jimini only with the driver. From there they can travel with the trucks that are bringing the wounded into the hospital or via Motoconcho.

Now is not the time for a Dominican driver, unfamiliar with PauP to try to get around the city. Many of the roads are closed.

They can perhaps consult with the German Embassy or GTZ for further aid in transport.

Jan 3, 2003
Are the roads leading to P-A-P open? CNN is stating the main highways if you can call them that namely Jacques Jean Dessalines and the Truman route may be blocked. Rubble lines the streets of many cities.

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
there has to be special circumstances.. american airlines are flying in doctors and nurses for free to help in haiti.. you probably just have to make a few phone calls

The airlines are NOT flying doctors/nurses in for free...this is a rumor that has spread through out the internet.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
I think mountainannie is right on in her post.

if you look at the photos here the city is pretty destroyed: carelp's Photostream

DR taxi to the border, maybe a taxi to PAP then motoconcho inside PAP might be the best way around. very unsafe though!