Beware of ARS Futuro!

miozio

May 23, 2009
We have signed up for ARS Futuro 5 months ago and had to go to an emergency room twice for some small baby checkups. Also visited a pediatrician 2 times. ARS FUTURO always declined to pay the expences finding some excuses that were not on the contract. They cover nothing and never! Our plan was 100% emergency, and alot alot more, including 100% dentist costs. It was very expencive, we paid a bit less than 6.000RD for 3 months of a family plan, they said it was not valid right away and we had to wait for 2 months before they gave us the plastic cards. Those plastic cards proved to be useless, the last time we went to an emergency and ARS Futuro refused to pay for the simple checkup, saying that the doctors had to use medications, whithout them, they just wrote a prescription -- we had to pay 1000RD in cash. WHAT A RIP OFF!!! ARS FUTURO

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
thanks for the warning. i hope someone from ARS futuro sees this website or someone e-mails them about DR1 and maybe they may want to respond, or advertise. might also be a good idea to start a "sticky" about businesses and people to avoid, instead of the usual "best" fare. you wouldn't be able to slander or libel anyone but if one was allowed to post their own experiences it might turn out to be a great place to gain information. instead of "best" pizza, place to buy cigars, beach, etc. rubbish, we could have a "worst" dentist list. how 'bout it moderators? how about a "rant" heading?

miozio

May 23, 2009
More to it, a month ago, the office of futuro didn't answer so my baby's card had to stay in the clinik for a few days and when they finally reached them they found an exuse not to pay. I am really bad in spanish, so i can not help myself claiming my money back. Noone there speaks English, not even one word. So this company might be meant for spanish speakers only, you would work they way out and shout at them properly in their language.

They even said today that we didn't pay them!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
miozoi, first of all camlate, calm down. what is done is done. second - check if you can part with ARS asap and change your insurance company. many members can advice you on that seeing that you need family plan; we use colonial (through miesposo's employer) and i am happy with them. heck, they even covered tearing off my nail after i smashed it with our main gate. they also covered all emergency trips to clinica brugal with my migraine attacks. i wish you better luck with insurance next time!