Gun permit Renewal???

djuno718

Dec 1, 2007
The Seip Has Announced that as of January 1st 2010 Gun permits will be allowed to Be renewd online Via Banresevas.com........ its the 15th and nothing????

Also Wondering if anyone else has the same problem i have..... for some reason when entering my Cedula number on the seip Website to View my license info it says that my cedula does not exist nor any weapons Registered to me??? But yet when i doit by Numero De Serie, My info comes up along with my cedula Number... how come it will find it by serie de arma and not by entering my cedula number? When i went through the licesning Procedure i did have to go to the JCE to get a Certification letter Stating that my cedula was infact Valid, would this have anything to do with that? and yes i did Do all the Requiered tests, Doping, Pshciatric, Range, and payed the taxes and fees, took my picture and waited there about 4 hrs LOL.. So i am completely Legit, just in case anyone asks :cheeky:

Thanks for the Replies!

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Your cedula as a foreign resident probably does not come up because it is not present in the normal JCE computer's data base for Dominican Citizens. We foreigners cannot vote and often can't be found even by banks that don't seem to realize this little snafu. It isn't a surprise that the gun permit systen is not tied into the computers that contain foreign residents cedula numbers.

As for a date being missed when you can renew online, welcome to the DR. We all have to adapt to Dominican time.

Windeguy is correct, as usual ;)

djuno718

Dec 1, 2007
Thanks

OHHHHHHHHHH that explains it LOL
Wow Straight to the point, Question Answered Quickly, GREAT REPLY THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also lemme Ask another question:cheeky:........ my gun permit has a mistake on my first name, one letter to be exact my name is spelled john and they spelled it jhon, do you think this will be a problem if i get pulled over? i have to renew in Febuary but, if it will be a problem i might have to wait till i actually go to SD to correct the problem being that i live in santiago. unless the new "DIGITAL RENEWAL SYSTEM" can Correct the Problem in whichever decade it is released LOL

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I don't think the spelling will be a problem, misspelled names are more common here than correctly spelled ones.
They had me listed (An Americano) as a Dominicana at half my actual age for a couple of years. They finally corrected it without any intervention from me.

Is your name correct on your cedula?

Hopefully it is and they pick up the correct spelling from the application and your cedula.
That is how I think they finally got my nationality, age and sex correct on my permit.

Don

djuno718

Dec 1, 2007
Yea

Yes everything else is correct just that one letter the h on the permit everything else on the permit and cedula are correct. They spelled it jhon instead of john!!! I dont want argue with no cops make tgem lose rank ;)

djuno718

Dec 1, 2007
can anyone clear this up??? today i went to the banreservas branch here in santiago (around the zona franca) And Wow no more Renewal forms like last time :) But the Joven @ the counter told me to pick up in 15 Buisness Days???????????is this Correct? isnt it supposed to be 10? 15 buisness day would be 3 weeks! is there anyway i can go to SEIP and pick up the permits before hand in person being that i already paid the taxes?