Sosua Kids... i.e. Clothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brothalove

Jan 15, 2010
Is it considered in bad taste to bring used clothing to the kids that are in the streets of Sosua? Please share feedback, because I donate clothing at home. Thanks!

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Of course not, even many of the very poor adults would be very appreciative for your old shoes and clothes.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
and stuff little candy in the pockets of kids clothing, they will love you forever...

Brothalove

Jan 15, 2010
Thanks for positive feedback...

I would like to thank ALL for the positive feedback... My monetary donations have been made to the Haitian Relief Efforts.

May 29, 2006
Any clothing is fine. You won't have any trouble finding takers. Shoes and socks are especially wanted.

Chelleyyyyy

Apr 7, 2007
and stuff little candy in the pockets of kids clothing, they will love you forever...

I heard not to bring candy for children. I cant remember where I read the post now, but I had stated that the children already have enough dental problems, adding sugar to the mix is definitely not helping any.

BUT .. I tend to side with dv8 on this one :) who doesnt love a little something sweet now and then!

Which statement is true?

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
The truth is that candy isn't a good idea. When the dental clinic I organize once a year is running, there are many children who have cavities. One year there was a five year old who had a cavity in EVERY tooth she had. It was horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.