Looking for a dinghy

Sunset Sailor

Jan 15, 2010
I am looking to buy an inflatable dinghy approx 9-10ft in length and in good condition. I would prefer North Coast (Puerto Plata, Sosua, Cabarete) but could travel if need be. Need ASAP.

If you know of one or know of anyone selling one - please send me a PM.

Thanks,
Bob

Sunset Sailor

Jan 15, 2010
Not looking for any particular brand....just one that is inflatable, in that size in good condition. Where can I find new ones that are cheap?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Me too

I had the same idea. North Coast also. They are by no means cheap, used or new. I looked for over a year. Found one that had been used as a kite board rescue boat. It was beat. Handles rotted off in sun and in generally poor condition. Guy wanted 3000 US for it and refused to come down on the price. New they are outrageously expensive and used they are very high. I had the idea of being able to launch one off the beach and not have to worry about boat ramps or storing in water. Finally gave up hopes of finding one. Best bet is probably to look in Puerto Rico, take the ferry over and bring it back uninflated and fight with customs as to its value. Uninflated they do not look like much. Best of luck.

flo

Apr 11, 2006
i have a approx. 13ft dinghy for sale in sosua, 15.000 rd, it has new plywood fiberglass reinforced bottom, needs 2 new patches at one side, except that its in fair shape, i used it many times to go out fishing around the sosua bay area and even some offshore trips.