Micro Braids Wanted

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
If you live anywhere near Las Terrenas I can give you a name, address and telephone number. She did a wonderful job on our daughter so my wife says. Personally I think they are a daft idea.

May 29, 2006
Microbraids really make you stick out as a someone who will pay 300-500 pesos for an 80 peso CD and 2000 pesos for 100 peso taxi. If you do it, do it right before you leave. And don't forget the sunscreen on your head afterwards. It is pretty hard on your hair too.

papillionsprincess

Aug 26, 2008
Microbraids really make you stick out as a someone who will pay 300-500 pesos for an 80 peso CD and 2000 pesos for 100 peso taxi. If you do it, do it right before you leave. And don't forget the sunscreen on your head afterwards. It is pretty hard on your hair too.

I live here, not vacationing, I have lived all over the world and I am familiar with pricing and how things work here and abroad, I keep my hair braided bc of the humidity and my hair is naturally curly and don't really care for all the chemical processing and heat-heavy hairstyles that they do here. I am here for school so this is my alternative. Thanks

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I live here, not vacationing, I have lived all over the world and I am familiar with pricing and how things work here and abroad, I keep my hair braided bc of the humidity and my hair is naturally curly and don't really care for all the chemical processing and heat-heavy hairstyles that they do here. I am here for school so this is my alternative. Thanks

Wel, I dont know what daft means. If that is good or bad but I think I know what you re asking here.
My friend can do all that jazz. Now it just depends on hair texture and length. YOu said you didnt want the chemical treatment nor the hotcomb(But you know the reason for that anyway) so I think I may have an idea of your hair style.
But you didnt say where you live? Or go to school. Dont need specifics but I m sure you re not going to go to San Cristobal is you live in Samana. The people I know are in Santiago so if you re close let me know, of if you re willing to take the trip I ll ask her how much she charges.

May 5, 2007
Funny you say that

I vacationed with a friend in Antigua many years ago and she had the "braid" thing done to her hair, her ancestry included Cheyenne and they asked for more money half way through as it took 3 people about 3 hours, but bottom line is they made the braids so tight and the subsequent sunburn necessitated her soaking her head in creme rinse for hours to get the foolish things out

May 29, 2006
I've seen dozens and dozens of young European women on playa Sosua with the braids and they almost always have the All Inclusive wrist band on. I've seen plenty with the sun burn the next day. I could walk by most of the casitas without being bothered much, but when they saw the braids and the wrist bands, they would stand in their way and ask them to come in for the "special price." That kind of thing keeps the All Inclusive crowd hiding back behind the gated walls.

One of the funniest sunburns I saw was on Playa Cabarete. An overweight male tourist was completely burned except for a hand print and smear mark coming from it. I could just envision his wife telling him to put the goop on and him going "Yeah, yeah" and then making a single wipe across his chest.

papillionsprincess

Aug 26, 2008
Thank you but if you are not providing the information requested your opinion is unsolicited, and unnecessary. I am currently wearing the braids, I am just looking for someone to help me touch it up, and "daft" basically means "stupid" obviously the person that wrote that statement has nothing better to do, but be rude.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Daft is a much, much milder word than stupid, so I obviously was not being rude. Its all there in the OED.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
and the braids white tourists get on the beach aren't micro braids.
i know a haitian girl in santiago who does them if you're still interested.