Hotel Orchidee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fordtech

Nov 19, 2009
Has anyone stayed at Hotel Orchidee? I have been advised that Rocky's isn't a good choice in hotels. I want a place close to the action for 50 and under a night. Thanks

May 29, 2006
It is hard to get into Rocky's as it is. I've stayed there maybe a dozen nights or more and the only complaint I had was there was a Dominican party at the property next to his that went on until after 2 am. That can happen in a lot of places there. I almost always stay at Rocky's my first night in town and then haggle if I see a place that looks more pricey but empty. You can usually knock $10 off a room price or more if you get there at 4pm and they are only half full. I've stayed in a lot worse in Sosua than Rocky's for double what he charges and he has a very high repeat customer base, if not the highest repeat percentage in Sosua. It is a big plus just to have a hotel owner that speaks English and wants you to have as good a time outside of the hotel as in it. There is no pool, but aside from that it is one of the best deals in town and a great place to meet people from any country. Rocky's has a very diverse client base.

It's looking like a busy season in Sosua since there are a lot of posts about hotels being booked.

Orchidie is a few doors down from Rocky's, but I just prefer having people around who also speak English and a place to hang out. They also want 25 Euros a night and Rocky's is $25US.

Mar 2, 2008
I don't know where you are getting your information, but Rocky's is a great inexpensive place to stay.

However, I do believe they are full at the moment, at least they appeared to be full. They have been very busy for the last couple of weeks.

Fordtech

Nov 19, 2009
2 guys on I.S.O.C. said its a dump. I have a reservation at Rocky's and will see for myself I guess. I do like the location. I like the idea that the owner speaks English. I do wish they had a pool.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
So, a number of good people's recommendations to you in DR1 Chat last night, telling you what a great, fun place you had reserved, did not satisfy your query by the sound of it.

Be assured that Rocky's is a great place to stay and you will be surrounded by great people and will laugh at your ISOC advisors I am sure.

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Rocky's is a clean, SECURE, modest hotel located close to the action. If your friends have not stayed at Rocky's in the last year then I am sure they will be pleasently surprised at all the improvements I have made.

We have many members of ISOC stay with us including Mods. We are proud of our little hotel and if you want the use of a pool, our guests are encouraged and invited to use the pool at the Trade Winds condos as we own condos over there. If you are looking for more upscale accommodations, check out our condos. We are installing new kitchens with the first one going in within the week.

Try us, I'm sure you won't be disappointed and the advice you will receive from the locals that hang out at Rocky's will well be worth the price of admission.

Take care,

Rick

Fordtech

Nov 19, 2009
I will be staying at Rocky's. Thats cool can use pool at condos. Thanks for everyone's inputs. See you soon Rick and thanks again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.