Centro Cardiovascular Dominicano

cuas

May 29, 2006
My mother was taken from Plaza de la Salud to Centro Cardiovascular Dominicano in an ambulance. I told my sister to take her to Plaza de la Salud in case of an emergency because I taught it was the best equipped hospital.
My mother has a defribilator implanted, therefore she cannot be taken to any hospital. She is in intensive care.
My concern is:
Was this the best move? or
Was she relocated because they think the bill at Plaza de la Salud will be too high for us to pay?
Is Centro Cardiovascular Dominicano better equipped than Plaza de la Salud in terms of heart conditions?
This is a wait situation. My mother in intensive care. My sister in the intense care waiting room but she cannot see my mother nor go to my other family members in the general waiting area because she will not be allowed back in.
I think I am going to the ER myself. Any opinion, please. Thank you.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
My mother was taken from Plaza de la Salud to Centro Cardiovascular Dominicano in an ambulance. I told my sister to take her to Plaza de la Salud in case of an emergency because I taught it was the best equipped hospital.
My mother has a defribilator implanted, therefore she cannot be taken to any hospital. She is in intensive care.
My concern is:
Was this the best move? or
Was she relocated because they think the bill at Plaza de la Salud will be too high for us to pay?
Is Centro Cardiovascular Dominicano better equipped than Plaza de la Salud in terms of heart conditions?
This is a wait situation. My mother in intensive care. My sister in the intense care waiting room but she cannot see my mother nor go to my other family members in the general waiting area because she will not be allowed back in.
I think I am going to the ER myself. Any opinion, please. Thank you.

What does the Cardiologist say? and who is he. The best equiped is CEDIMAT, or probably Corazon's Unidos. know nothing about Centro Cardiovascular Dominicano

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You should ask the doctors at the hospital where your mother is. That is the only place you will get credible answers to your questions. And, yes, I think you should go there and talk with the doctors yourself.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
In its first stage Santo Domingo Cardiovascular Center will offer services in cardiac catheterization, coronary angiography, angioplasty and stenting, interventional cardiology, pacing and defibrillation, chest pain clinic, intensive care, emergency care and cardiovascular hospitalization.

The facility has been favored by ninety doctors across the country, most cardiologists, belonging to different groups.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Bob, thanks for translating the article I posted. I realized during the night I should have done that, rather than assumed the readers can read Spanish and was planning to make the translation now. Happy to find you had already done so.