Wheel chair needed for 5 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I am searching for a wheel chair in the Cabarete/Sosua area. My parents are visiting for a week and unfortunately my mother slipped on wet tiles in their hotel. The hotel has a wheelchair but it is very old and I am afraid that it will fall apart on her! Also the hotel only has one wheelchair and she can only use it when absolutely necessary.
If anybody has a wheelchair that they could lend me for 5 days I will forever be in your debt.
Many thanks.
Tony

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I am searching for a wheel chair in the Cabarete/Sosua area. My parents are visiting for a week and unfortunately my mother slipped on wet tiles in their hotel. The hotel has a wheelchair but it is very old and I am afraid that it will fall apart on her! Also the hotel only has one wheelchair and she can only use it when absolutely necessary.
If anybody has a wheelchair that they could lend me for 5 days I will forever be in your debt.
Many thanks.
Tony

Can't help you with a wheelchair but, just a thought.... perhaps you could ask at the new medical facility/ hospital Centro Medico Cabarete in Sosua as to whether they may have one to loan/ hire to you for 5 days. Telephone number for CMC is 809 571 4696.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Do a search for posts by JDSauser about 18 months ago. He got a wheelchair for his visiting father, I believe. Or you could PM him.

qui, moi? ;)

There is a company in Santiago... EKA PHARMA (1-809-581-5100) which does rentals... but as they informed me just today (I called just not to post any useless leads)... only on a monthly basis.

Most larger AI hotels have offered to us to arrange for a rental chair. However at a much more expensive daily rate than EKA. Yet, you will only need one for 5 days... If I remember right, the daily rate was 500 Pesos... around USD 13.00.

POP Airport DOES have wheel chair service available! But your tour operator pickup may not, but they will get a couple of men together and lift about just any person into a seat.

If you had staid for a couple of days more (12 days and up), I'd suggest buying a brand spanking new chair in Santiago from (PriceSmart) for 5900 Pesos (less than USD 165.oo) which you could have left in the country to charity (or sent to Haiti.). If that's an option you would like to entertain, let me know... I can pick one up for you and deliver it to the OP or the hotel and I am sure "Lambada" would know how to recycle it towards the most dire urgency.

If I can be of further assistance... let me know. +1-829-221-0286

... J-D.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Wheelchair

Many thanks for your response and J.D. I appreciate your assistance. Problem solved as the hotel found another wheelchair....thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.