Dominicans traveling to Canada?

charlie&ziggy

Mar 1, 2009
Hi all, I have been traveling to DR for awhile and Love my time there. I do plan on living there some day as it has my heart.
My wife and I meet a local couple and over the last few years have gotten to know them quite well. We call each other and email which helps with learning spanish(good thing). We were thinking about having them come to Canada and visit here for a week. But after doing a little looking into it( not much yet) I have been told that it is not easy for them to come visit at all.. I will keep looking into it as we thought it would be a great trip for us all. Has anyone out there ever been in this position or know of anyone doing this? Are there any restrictions I am not aware of? I will be researching on the canadian side to see what here. Any one with help or coments let us know Thanx Charlie.

XXKWISIT

Apr 15, 2007
Good Luck

Check the VISAs section, they are going to need a Visitor's Visa to enter Canada. Unless they have a lot of money, property and significant ties to the DR, they will not be issued a Visitor's Visa.

I wish you all the best!

CAT

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Welcome to DR1. Here is what they will need.

All required documents must be included with your application:
  • You must have a valid travel document (such as a passport) for each family member on the application.
  • Two recent passport photos of each family member are required. Make sure these photos meet the requirements. For more information on specifications for photographs, see the Related Links section at the bottom of this page.
  • Enclose the application fee. Your fee will not be refunded, even if your application is not accepted.
  • You must provide proof that you have enough money for your visit to Canada. The amount of money may vary, depending on the circumstances for your visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives. You can get more information from the Canadian visa office in your country or region.
  • You may need to include other documents. These documents could be identification cards, proof of employment, a letter of invitation from relatives or friends in Canada, or a proposed itinerary
You can download the application package from the government site
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

If they are not related to you and can show that they have something worth returning to the DR for, they might have a chance.

Good luck and we'll move your post to the visa forum

Last edited: