Searching for vacuum cleaner in POP

Status
Not open for further replies.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Any ideas where we might purchase a new upright vacuum cleaner in POP.
Thanks - Phil
Franky, NO I don't.
I have a shop style vac, and our house employee tries to leave the home every time I only threaten to take it out of it's closet. To noisy, too scary and probably too much hassle... and then... it does not use water... after all, it's WATER and more W A T E R which DOES the cleaning, now ain't it? :cheeky:

I think you're closest chance to get one may only be at PriceSmart in Santiago, or alternatively try to convince our employee to sell you ours thru the back door (actually, she might even give you a cash incentive) :D I'd suggest PriceSmart, I would HEAR it if anybody would use my vac anywhere within Puerto Plata! :eek:gre:

Beware the chupacabras! ... J-D.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Any ideas where we might purchase a new upright vacuum cleaner in POP.
Thanks - Phil

5 years ago! My wife and I looked everywhere in POP and many places in Santiago for a Vac for the rugs/carpets with no luck. She bought one in the States on one of her trips. Customes tried to get her to pay over US $100. even though she had the invoice proving it was under $200. She paid $20 just to get out. (POP).

In our last shipment of house goods, I had/have 5 Shop Vacs and only need two. Not too good for carpets but better then nothing. PM me if you are interested. Sosua area.

Ringo

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i am sorry, i have not seen vacuum cleaner in POP. they have them in price smart, ferreteria bellon and ferreteria ochoa - all in santiago. price is around 6k pesos, depending on the model and size. good luck with convincing your maid to use it, i do not think it is possible.

canuk8068

Sep 15, 2008
I saw a shop vac on the back of a lumber store truck. It was being delivered somewhere in Sosua so I guess if you checked the local lumber store you could get one there.

el forastero

Bronze
Oct 25, 2009
If you do find an upright vacuum in PriceMart or another store, also make sure they also sell the correct paper bags for the model you decide to buy. Then, buy about 2 dozen of the replacement bags, because otherwise, when you come back for refills, sure as the sun comes up in the morning, they won't carry them anymore or will tell you they are no longer available.:surprised:surprised

After you bring it home, if you have a housekeeper, the next struggle will be to get them to use it. And if they do use it, the idea of actually changing the bag when it's full will be a totally new concept to them. They will just explain that the vacuum doesn't pick up anything, when the problem is that the bag is totally stuffed with dirt, and that is why they are using the broom on the rugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.