baseball

K

Kurt

Where can I find a schedule for the Dominican baseball league, either online, or by mail, or when I am in the Domincan Republic after Jan. 26. I will be on the north coast, so the Santiago club is probably my best bet for seeing a game.

H

hillbilly

You had better get a newspaper as soon as you get here.
Looks like Escogido and the Aguilas (Santo Domingo and Santiago) to the finals but the Round Robin isn't over yet.

HB

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
We will post the schedule or a link to the schedule of games on the DR1 Daily News (get a subscription), most likely between the Aguilas and the Escogido, as soon as this is available. The semifinals end 21 January, after which start the finals. You may be able to catch a finals game as the Aguilas play in Santiago which is about an hour away from Puerto Plata. Some weekend games start at 4 pm, so we suggest you invite your taxi driver along with you. Go early to Santiago, visit the carnival mask museum and the Aurora cigar factory and then the game. Your taxi driver can help you get tickets and bring you back in the evening.

H

hillbilly

Good news...Night games are at

8 p.m. but you have to get there early to get tickets...plenty of vendors out front and your driver will know how to handle this. Come early and eat at the Caf?,

On Sunday, or holidays, the games start at 4 p.m.

Cigar factories are open Mon to Fri and close at 4 p.m.
Museums are in the book, so call beforehand.

The L. Le?n Jim?nes factory, La Aurora, does have regular tours.
And they are now building a new museum to house their magnificient art collection.

HB