Paolo in Cabarete was killed.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
The thread was closed, and actually I asked that it be deleted (I started it) because the title was incorrect and misleading.

I realize that the confusion does not diminish the tragedy for friends and family of the actual victim, but my thread could have caused unnecessary distress for the Santiago Paolo, thats why it was closed and I hope it gets deleted.

Mar 2, 2008
Thank you, Lambada.

The articles helped to shed some light.

If you would be so kind, please send the other (graphic) links to me via e-mail or PM. I will greatly appreciate it.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
maybe we should leave news reporting until its reported by the press next time- we are not getting a very good track record here

Mar 2, 2008
jr, the first thread, which has subsequently been deleted, was basically asking for information. I think that was a legitimate mistake, in terms of how it was worded.

However, I do not see any reason to forgo future queries, minus any specific names, obviously.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Thank you, Lambada.

The articles helped to shed some light.

If you would be so kind, please send the other (graphic) links to me via e-mail or PM. I will greatly appreciate it.

Shed some light?? Great journalism... "Con relaci?n a la muerte del empresario italiano, la Polic?a Nacional destacada en Cabarete y Sos?a, mantiene bajo investigaci?n a unas cinco personas, mientras activa la persecuci?n contra las personas que cometieron este horrendo crimen."

Well since he was a kite surfer...lets go arrest some kite surfer morenos. Police monkey logic. I heard that some of them already r released.

Well if u google I am sure u find the pictures, which as usual r very disturbing. Great journalists. Fck them and the cops sideways.

Cabarete/Sosua/North coast we have some problems.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Shed some light?? Great journalism... "Con relaci?n a la muerte del empresario italiano, la Polic?a Nacional destacada en Cabarete y Sos?a, mantiene bajo investigaci?n a unas cinco personas, mientras activa la persecuci?n contra las personas que cometieron este horrendo crimen."

Well since he was a kite surfer...lets go arrest some kite surfer morenos. Police monkey logic. I heard that some of them already r released.

Well if u google I am sure u find the pictures, which as usual r very disturbing. Great journalists. Fck them and the cops sideways.

Cabarete/Sosua/North coast we have some problems.

Sry for my language yday, but I was upset. We should look higher up (than the working cops), the guys running this country and cabarete/sosua r the main problem. The cops r underpaid and I guess u usually get what u pay for. Hell if I got some 300 US a month I would be corrupt and incompetent.:paranoid: :paranoid:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Sry for my language yday, but I was upset. We should look higher up (than the working cops), the guys running this country and cabarete/sosua r the main problem. The cops r underpaid and I guess u usually get what u pay for. Hell if I got some 300 US a month I would be corrupt and incompetent.:paranoid: :paranoid:
With the police they have now, you could pay them 4,000.00 US a month and they still would be corrupt. A friend asked me a few days ago if there were any honest politicians in this country. I said yes there are a few but they cost more.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
With the police they have now, you could pay them 4,000.00 US a month and they still would be corrupt. A friend asked me a few days ago if there were any honest politicians in this country. I said yes there are a few but they cost more.

Of course!!!! But if u fire them all and then offer the officers a decent wage we might get some honest people... at least some... Remember the raid, they fired all the corrupt ones a couple of years ago...yeah right. Everything is so much BS. Just getting tired of it, but also scared, bc this is getting worse and worse.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Just getting tired of it, but also scared, bc this is getting worse and worse.

I understand but I think there is something you can do. I feel so sorry for this man's mother: if newspaper reports are correct he was sharing a home with his mother and she was present in the home when this happened. The sort of person who could put pressure on the authorities to arrest the actual perps rather than doing a sweep of Dominican kitesurfers, would be the Italian Hon Consul. Maybe those who know the deceased should contact him? As far as I'm aware the Italian Hon Consul for the north coast is Roberto Casoni of Gran Ventana Beach Resort, Playa Dorada Tel. 809-320-2111 ext. 4300 Fax: 809-320-4017 Email: rcasoni@vhhr.com

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
I understand but I think there is something you can do. I feel so sorry for this man's mother: if newspaper reports are correct he was sharing a home with his mother and she was present in the home when this happened. The sort of person who could put pressure on the authorities to arrest the actual perps rather than doing a sweep of Dominican kitesurfers, would be the Italian Hon Consul. Maybe those who know the deceased should contact him? As far as I'm aware the Italian Hon Consul for the north coast is Roberto Casoni of Gran Ventana Beach Resort, Playa Dorada Tel. 809-320-2111 ext. 4300 Fax: 809-320-4017 Email: rcasoni@vhhr.com

Well, I am pretty sure he knows about this. I did not know the Italian guy, but the dominicans are on the beach basically everyday. Why I get tired? Because exactly the same thing happened a year ago or so when the Icelandic girl got killed. They arrest some black guys and then the newspapers report that "the police have done some arrests". Well of course they did not solve the case. Not sure what to do, except living in safe areas where u r surrounded by a lot of people and use common sense.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
What happened to the Icelandic lady was not a robbery, as far as I understood at the time. But yes it was certainly a murder and the police picked up entirely the wrong people which, fortunately for those arrested, the Fiscal saw through immediately. They never arrested anyone else, so the real culprits were not apprehended.

Paolo Giucastro's 72 year old mother has now spoken to the press:
MADRE DE ITALIANO ASESINADO RELATA COMO OCURRIO MUERTE DE SU HIJO