Desperate requests from friends in Europe

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Dear Dr1 members,

At the request of a few families in Europe who adopted Haitian children a number of years ago, we would like to know if there are people here who can help them in their quest for surviving family members of their respective children.

They supplied us with all the info they have. As their adopted children are very worried about family members in Haiti, and there is no way at the moment they can get any info through official channels (because of their adoption they got the European Nationality and therefore are not eligible for gattering information), they turned to us in the hope of us having the possibility to gather some info as we are closer.

The main wish for the children is to jump on a plane to go and search for their family members, and because of their young age they do not understand this is nearly impossible at the moment. In their youghtfull innocence they tend to "blame" their adoptive parrents for not wanting to go and search.

Any help any body could provide would be highly appreciated.

You do understand we are not willing to post all the info we got on a public message board but we will mention the area's the children are from. If you think you have some usefull contacts there, please pm me for all the other information.

Info for the first family :

Family name : FORTIS
Area's we are looking : Croix des Bouquets, Jeremie, Maniche commune des Cayes.
Orphenage : Maison L'Esperance PauP

Please check with your Haitians friends/staff etc... I may seem unimportant in the hugeness of the disaster but as a adoptive parrent myself I know how important this is for those children.

Thank you very much!

Peter

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
The link is indeed not working. Thanks for the response Whirleybird, I will send a pm to Mountainannie.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Family name : FORTIUS

I put this again because the family name was incorrect.

@AnnaC : thx for the link but since you need to put in a street name and there is none available, it doesn't work for us.

Can any body provide me with the link to that Facebook page where a lot of foto's and requests for survivors can be found?

Thx!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Family name : FORTIUS

I put this again because the family name was incorrect.

@AnnaC : thx for the link but since you need to put in a street name and there is none available, it doesn't work for us.

Can any body provide me with the link to that Facebook page where a lot of foto's and requests for survivors can be found?

Thx!

Have a look at this EARTHQUAKE HAITI | Facebook and it shows a link to:

FIND FAMILY IN HAITI

To search for missing family visit Looking for loved ones in Haiti: News & Videos about Looking for loved ones in Haiti - CNN iReport

Also, perhaps Lindsey Kaufman who is working with Dominican Crossroads could help as they have directors working over in Haiti.

Last edited:

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Does any body know any persons who originate or live from/in the neighborhood of Maniche, region Les Cayes which is located in the south of Haiti halfway the peninsula from Port au Prince towards Jamaica?

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Second family who is looking

Second family (Belgium) who is looking for some relatives :

Name father : DELICE ARCHANGE
Name mother : GERTA NOISETTE

Both around the age between 45 and 50.

Last know adress in Port au Prince.

Two suns of them were adopted by the Belgian family, two daughters of them were adopted by a Canadian family.
Orphenage : Madame Marie Conceptia Austin Port au Prince

I have put for the both families the names of the mother and father and some more relatives of them on the icrc site and on CNN ireport also but if any body knows here some body who recognise the names, please tell us.

Thx

Hilde

Last edited: