Why France accused the US

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
...of occupying Haiti...

US accused of 'occupying' Haiti as troops flood in - Telegraph

as usual, follow the peso...

Haiti Has Larger Oil Reserves Than Venezuela Says Scientists (An Olympic Pool Compared to a Glass of Water)

REMIXX WORLD!: Haiti Has Larger Oil Reserves Than Venezuela Says Scientists (An Olympic Pool Compared to a Glass of Water)

shhhhhhh, we're there on a humanitarian "mission"....

Sounds like a great idea to me?. hell, the US should take over the DR too!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
...of occupying Haiti...

Haiti Has Larger Oil Reserves Than Venezuela Says Scientists (An Olympic Pool Compared to a Glass of Water)

REMIXX WORLD!: Haiti Has Larger Oil Reserves Than Venezuela Says Scientists (An Olympic Pool Compared to a Glass of Water)

poppycock

the guys from
SHELL have been ALL over this island for years

yes to the Gold--- probably as much as here... ie not much

do not know about the others

but the oil

no way jose

jparker256p

Jun 3, 2005
How absurd!!
Can Americans just help without the scorn of international critics.
For God sakes! These people need help. I am glad I can help. If there were such a terrible situation in France (or anywhere else in the world) of such magnitude, I hope that I would be in a position to help...even if I do live in America.
J P

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Wait it's all coming together - it's all about the oil - just like the other occupation - oops - that didn't pan out to well for the conspiracy smokers!!

?

? bient?t

Hey, El Chip-Oh! I'd rather believe that "other occupation" "conspiracy" than believe the stupidity of religion and phuck-face Pat Robertson. Eff'im and the horse he rode in on.

Yeah, I said it. Y? Alg?n problema? Yeah, that's what I thought.

LA71009

May 13, 2009
I know that there was one plane from Medicins Sans Frontiers that was diverted from PaP to Santo Domingo when the control tower was down.

To make way for American planes

quelle horreur!!!

There was a story out earlier, when everything first started and the US got there and they were running things from a laptop and a walkie talkie but most people either blew it off, or didn't let it bother them at the time.( was CNN video)

I remember the article quite well. Seems some french doctors were brought in the second day after the quake on a french passenger plane. They unloaded their doctors and cargo as well as some aid, and the pilot just SAT on the runway in an empty plane. The US controllers asked them to move the plane to another area or to take off as they had planes "stacked up" waiting to land.
At that point the french airliner's pilot told them NO, that his president had told him NOT to leave Haiti until he filled up the plane with French citizens
who wished to return to France. That's the "tussle" that the frenchman was
talking about in the above linked story that he had with American military controllers. They later found out that the french plane that wouldn't "leave" to make room for others to land stayed on the ground for close to 7 hours
waiting for a reload of french citizens, BUT in that 7 hours 9 PLANES were denied permission to land or diverted to DR ( 1 of which were the French Doctors supply plane ) BECAUSE the runway was tied up by a French aircraft that refused to leave. So while all this was going on NO ONE was getting into the airport to bring ANYTHING.

I don't think the US purposely denied the doctor's plane ( the most recent) to land with their supplies. It was explained by US military officers on the ground that Haiti's government was providing manifests of what planes were carrying what and what priority they had , and no one from Haiti Or the Doctors group mentioned to the manifest people what was ON their plane.

The US clearly stated had they known it was medicine it would have been given priority to land. So someone dropped the ball on this. Even though the doctor's flight had been "pre-cleared" ( using their words) to land, someone neglected to tell the Haitians in charge of manifesting the flights what was on the plane.

Just seems like a lot of mistakes were made all the way around, and hopefully they'll get it worked out

FWIW

Reactions: mountainannie

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
The evidence of French leadership is seen all over Haiti (none)...The U.S. should clean up Haiti, close Gitmo and move the base to P-au-P.

Logistically, it make sense that the U.S. do everything they can to help the Haitian people

What amazes me is there are no French soldiers buried on U.S. soil who died defending our nation, yet there are many soldiers from all over the world buried after they died defending France...and France is always first to critisize the world.

Smallest book ever written: French Heroes of WWII
Second smallest book: French Humanitarian Relief Planning

I'm sure the French assistance will be welcomed as soon as there is some command and control established in Haiti...

Reactions: Chip

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
An Oldie but Goody

French Military Victories - Google Search Results

And weren't the French generous to grant libert?, egalit? et fraternit? to the Haitians after the French Revolution?

Say what? They didn't? It didn't apply to the colony?

Oh that's right, Toussant Louverture had to give them yet another military defeat for the principals of the revolution to apply in Haiti.

calverde

Dec 22, 2009
hey, ez on the frogs. if it were not for france, america may have lost the revolutionary war. they entered when we needed them and england lost! its true! and dont forget the louisiana purchase (thanks napoleon). the french are great people and france great pais. so they surrender; its tough when germany is kikin'butt.
the french pilot who would not move his plane (if true story) was simply dispaying what all french seem to have: their reflexive "NO" sydrome. a good 'debate' probably would have provided the incentive he needed to move his plane in half that time, maybe half hour. i can picture the cultural impasse now.

Lane53

Mar 3, 2009
Plight of Haiti

...of occupying Haiti...

Yes copy/paste
An Unwelcome Katrina Redux
*An Unwelcome Katrina Redux*** : Information Clearing House -* ICH

“There is evidence that the United States found oil in Haiti decades ago and due to the geopolitical circumstances and big business interests of that era made the decision to keep Haitian oil in reserve for when Middle Eastern oil had dried up. This is detailed by Dr. Georges Michel in an article dated March 27, 2004, outlining the history of oil explorations and oil reserves in Haiti and in the research of Dr. Ginette and Daniel Mathurin.

Profiting From Haiti's Crisis: Disaster Capitalism in Washington's Backyard
t r u t h o u t | Profiting From Haiti's Crisis: Disaster Capitalism in Washington's Backyard

US corporations, private mercenaries, Washington and the International Monetary fund are using the crisis in Haiti to make a profit, promote unpopular neoliberal policies, and extend military and economic control over the Haitian people.

Militarization is already underway. This week the US is sending thousands of troops and soldiers to the country. The Haitian government has signed over control of its capital airport to the US. Brazil and France have already lodged complaints that US military planes are now being given priority over other flights at the international airport.

Check Naomi Klein

Naomi Klein Issues Haiti Disaster Capitalism Alert: Stop Them Before They Shock Again

Haiti’s hunger made in USA
Haiti’s hunger made in USA

Haiti Under Siege
200 years of U.S. imperialism

In the U.S., Haiti is portrayed as a world apart: the "poorest country in the western hemisphere"-a place of inexplicable violence and instability, horrible poverty, and scant resources. Seldom are we reminded that this was the first nation after the U.S. to achieve independence, and was the first Black republic-that this is a country with a history not only of repression and violence but also of heroism, resistance, immense human and cultural vitality. Far from being "a world apart," Haiti has from its inception been all too firmly locked into a world system that has exploited, battered, and abused its natural and human resources.
Haiti Under Siege 200 years of U.S. imperialism by Helen Scott

Haitian Earthquake: Made in the USA
Haitian Earthquake: Made in the USA | Mostly Water

Haiti's Impact on the United States -- what 'voodoo economics' and high school textbooks reveal
Haiti: A Slave Revolution -- Haiti's Impact on the United States

"They hate us cause we are free" You hear so much you start to believe it.

Last edited:
May 12, 2005
I wouldn't take any criticism seriously from a country that could be taken over by a group of angry boy scouts armed with pocket knives.

Mar 2, 2008
It is perfect; Brilliant in its simplicity.

First, stage an earthquake.
Second, send in $100 billion in aid.
Third, plant undercover geologists, disguised as doctors, to pin point oil fields.
And fourth, suck the oil resources out of Haiti before the French get wise to the ruse.

Reactions: Ladybird

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Hey, El Chip-Oh! I'd rather believe that "other occupation" "conspiracy" than believe the stupidity of religion and phuck-face Pat Robertson. Eff'im and the horse he rode in on.

Yeah, I said it. Y? Alg?n problema? Yeah, that's what I thought.

somehow joselitinnininnngo you seem too logical a type of person to fall for conspiracy theories.

Rather I think you are just using my post to criticize all Christians in general. All I can say is your hate is directed in the wrong direction - as if we could do anything about it whatever is putting your undies in a bind.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago

No doubt the same gov't clandestine group that did 911 created this massive earthquake in Haiti. Think of the logistics of digging 8 miles under the earth's crust to plant a 1,000,000,000 megaton nuclear bomb!

Expect a bestselling book soon from some French quack.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004

Second, send in $100 billion in aid.
Third, plant undercover geologists, disguised as doctors, to pin point oil fields.
And fourth, suck the oil resources out of Haiti before the French get wise to the ruse.
brilliant_medium.jpg

Reactions: Ladybird