Public Education?

nsgirl

Nov 4, 2008
I asked this in an on-going thread below, but it was a bit older and so far no one has answered....
I know that public elementary schools are free provided that the children are able to obtain the neccessary uniform and supplies. What about high school, university and the tech schools?
I`ve seen many groups who fundraise for uniforms and supplies for the younger kids but I haven`t come across any who seem to help the older kids with high school or university...Am I looking in the wrong places or is there real lack of help for kids who want to continue their education?

nsgirl

Nov 4, 2008
Thank you Tomas2! I didn`t see the earlier thread. I did search but came up with all the costs and info on private schools...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Secondary education is either free (public) or tuition-based (Private).
There are some public high schools that are quite good , with motivated teachers and staff. They do not, however, have the money to really provide top-of-the-line education. Conversely, not all private institutions are worth the money. Some are worse than the puclic schools.

However, the good ones are worth the sacrifice.

As for universities, once again good and bad. The good ones are costly, but the education received will get you into a US or European Graduate program....At the best (IMO of course, and know you, I am very prejudiced) one, PUCMM-Santiago the doctors, lawyers and dentists are very very good....Those that want to go forward have been very successful...

HB