Why could they refuse you your Cedula?

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
Any specific reasons a British citizen would be rejected on application for Cedula?

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
No previous, and I guess you are joking about the physical. Would any financial problems give reason, well not problems, just not having lots of cash in the bank?

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
Health could be the problem

No previous, and I guess you are joking about the physical. Would any financial problems give reason, well not problems, just not having lots of cash in the bank?

You get blood tests and a chest Xray ... if there are problems it could effect you getting a cedula

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
I am not sure how to approach this blood test issue. I had Hep C some years ago. I since underwent the treatment and now do not have this, although on a blood test it will show up that I have a strain of antibodies relating to Hep C (or something like this, sorry not a doctor). Although I don't actually have Hep C anymore.
I would need a special test to show that I am free from it, do you thin this would be a problem?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Nationality and bank account won't be relevant issues IMHO (as long as you paid the fee). Could be the health matter. Could be you have a surname similar to a persona non grata. Or could be you have upset someone with some influence (but you'd probably know if you've done this). I noticed a while back you posted about a dependency your husband had, this couldn't be linked to either meeting the wrong people or unwittingly getting on someone's wrong side, could it?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
1. medical - unlikely to be xray as not convinced they use film!!! Blood test as far as I know is mainly for HIV, and pee for drugs.

2. Financial status of your sponsor? maybe as they need to have enough money in their bank account to pay for you to be deported should the need arise!!

i assume both residency and cedula denied or was it just cedula???

matilda

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

matilda

Residency can be denied. Much more of a screening process for residency than cedula. Cedula prettty much automatic if you have residency.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
1. medical - unlikely to be xray as not convinced they use film!!! Blood test as far as I know is mainly for HIV, and pee for drugs.

2. Financial status of your sponsor? maybe as they need to have enough money in their bank account to pay for you to be deported should the need arise!!

matilda
Unless things have changed, you need your cedula to get your residency card but you need a letter from "Migracion" stating you have been accepted as a resident to get your cedula. Why the extra trip who knows.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It is probably health related. You are never, really, over Hep C. And if there are dependency issues, you can forget about residence.

HB

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
It is probably health related. You are never, really, over Hep C. And if there are dependency issues, you can forget about residence.

HB

No, you're wrong, I underwent 1 year of a serious medical program, daily injections, loss of hair, serious weight loss etc etc to get rid of the Hep C. The anti bodies show up in my blood tests though which an be misleading if you don't know what you are looking for. Apparently.

I have left my fella, or he left me, whatever. Seems my lack of tolerance for his Gambling wasn't appreciated and so found a Dominican Girl in a flash who doesn't seem to mind. His probs are no longer mine and so shouldn't affect us as a couple, we had shared finances but were never married, although he is well connected through work I expect he won't find the support there and will be penniless by the end of this year,,, again:bored:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
police check: previous convictions, arrests etc. you may be surprised - i have seen people who did not pass background check (for work) because of previous unpaid bill or bounced cheque.
medical: drugs - at medical, did you mention that you are taking any meds that may come up on your drug report? i always inform them i am high on dramamine (motion sickness) and they take a note of that. hiv. TB or other lung related problems.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Can I just clarify with the OP, Is this your first application for a cedula in conjunction with an application for residency or is it a subsequent renewal?