NFL + cold beers

Jan 22, 2010
Hi,

I am new on the site but not that new in Puerto Plata but I want to know where I can watch NFL games and especially superbowl in Puerto Plata(or Costambar)

And I'd like to watch the games with ice cold beers and maybe some spicy wings!!!

;)

Greetz

Jan 22, 2010
Is this on the left side of the highway if you come from center of POP, or do you have to go right direction Ocean World??

I've seen lots of ads but have never been there...

;)

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
Just head into Cofresi like you're going to Oceanworld and just before the gate (100mts?) Chris & Mady's is on your left. TV in English, cold beers, good food, nice people.

oldislandman

Sep 1, 2002
If you want to watch in POP, Tam Tam on the Malecon has Sunday football on a wide screen so I am sure they will also have the Super Bowl. Pretty sure that a grande is less than $100RD.

May 29, 2006
If you can make it to Sosua I'd check out the NY Shark Bar 571-2764. My bet is they will have a buffet with wings and other food. The owner is a retired NYC policeman and he gets a lot of Americans there for games and has pretty good food but no fixed menu. I'm assuming it's still open since I was last there. Wish he would get a website. It is right before the ill-fated SeaCrets on Pedro Clisante.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
If you can make it to Sosua I'd check out the NY Shark Bar 571-2764. My bet is they will have a buffet with wings and other food. The owner is a retired NYC policeman and he gets a lot of Americans there for games and has pretty good food but no fixed menu. I'm assuming it's still open since I was last there. Wish he would get a website. It is right before the ill-fated SeaCrets on Pedro Clisante.

NY Shark bar is still open and has all the Games and is gearing up for the games!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Then that would be better than anything going on in PP.

That's for sure, because if your team is losing you can check out the local scene and take your mind off of a negative experience and bring home some take out!

That's my cheer for the Jet's

bhale

Mar 1, 2004
I would go to the bar across from Britannia in Sosua. I think it's called the Hideaway. I was there on a Sunday watching NFL in December and I think they had 50 peso Presidentes.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
another vote

another vote for the Shark Bar. Been to all mentioned and for service, atmosphere and food its Lou's Shark Bar.

bhale

Mar 1, 2004
Exterminator, yes it is. Nice place. Lou's Shark Bar is a bit expensive, I heard something like 90 or 100 pesos for beer.

May 29, 2006
Lou is a really great guy and he has brought a lot of people into Sosua that would never have known about it. As far as I know, he is has the only American-owned bar in Sosua. Satellite radio, nice TVs, excellent service and one of the best stocked bars you will find anywhere in the DR. He even has a good selection of non-alcoholic drinks. Most of his crowd is used to paying $5 for an El Presidente in NYC so 100 pesos is still a deal for them.

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
I agree.. 100 Presidente beers are still a deal ! Lou is very attentive, even does buyback and shots, has great burgers (that's all I order mostly) and completely friendly atmosphere - he makes everyone interact.

Btw, I refuse to pay $5 for a Presidente in NY but I wouldn't refuse to buy a 100 peso Presidente at his bar. I can't believe some people would forgo paying 100 pesos there, but will gladly pay it in other places when partying at night ??? ;)

Jan 22, 2010
yes

I know the Sharks is decent place but me as a gringo working in POP with POP salary I look at bit cheaper rates for cold beers especially the speed I like to drink them

:classic:

May 29, 2006
You can lead a horse to water...

Sorry, but watching the Superbowl in some empty chica bar with no food for 50 peso Brahmas is just sad. It's Feb 7th--15 days away. Save up a couple pesos a day and skip a beer or two until then and you will be all set.

Jan 22, 2010
I will try to save a bit but I hate Brahma FYI...

Just some cool Presidentes

Well maybe I will watch it in Sosua or Cofresi , because here in Puerto Plata I don't know really where I could watch it ( Tam Tam could be a place but I don't like it there...)

;)