Title Deeds

scoobywho

Jan 23, 2010
I purchased a new build property back in 2005 within the Cocotal Golf and Country Club.

We are still waiting for the developer to obtain the title deeds nearly 5 years down the line so we've been unable to complete on our property which you can imagine is very frustrating.

I'm still in contact (just) with our lawyer in the dominican but we're still to this day waiting for our property to be completed.

Is this the normal procedure in the dominican? Is there anybody that could put me in touch with somebody that could help push this along?

Thanks

be4unvme

Jan 22, 2010
i think so my mother been waiting since 2003 for a deed. all she has is the title for the land. good luck

Costadelmar

Feb 21, 2010
This is not normal, 1 year should be enough time, the properties I have sold have finished their title transfer between 6 months and 1 year. I've heard the same problem from other buyer of Cocotal, it is posible they haven't done the "deslinde", or something like that, this is process that can take a lot of time and can also be very expensive for the developer, but I believe 5 years is time enough. You should try to get the lawyer to find out the exact true, so you have a better idea of when that document will be in your hads.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
I live nearby to the Cocotal and have friends who have been waiting more than five years for their title.

The people at the Coctal are very tight lipped about what is happening, there is no definite public explanation of what is behind the delay.

What is not said but understood is if the seller, Cocotal, is not in compliance with some government edict, the government holds back on processing of certification of titles. The means you the buyer are penalized for the lack of compliance on the part of Cocotal. An example of this, is if a developer has not paid taxes on land within the development the government will not process title certification until the taxes are paid or maybe the developer was supposed to contruct a water treatment plant and has not done so, the government will hold back certification.

You need to ask in writing in pointed questions to your lawyer and Cocotal.

I also hope you have set some of the purchase money aside in an escrow account payable to Cocotal upon delivery of the title. This tidbit sometimes forces them to do better.

Regards,
PJT

Reactions: Lucille

edithdickie

Apr 18, 2010
cocotal title deeds

I purchased a new build property back in 2005 within the Cocotal Golf and Country Club.

We are still waiting for the developer to obtain the title deeds nearly 5 years down the line so we've been unable to complete on our property which you can imagine is very frustrating.

I'm still in contact (just) with our lawyer in the dominican but we're still to this day waiting for our property to be completed.

Is this the normal procedure in the dominican? Is there anybody that could put me in touch with somebody that could help push this along?

Thanks

Which property developer did you buy your house from? Is this common practice in cocotal?

karmeanlaw

Nov 21, 2009
stodan.com
This is a good honest lawyer . One of the Few.

He will be right up front with you . Nearco Campagna.

I can second that he is not only a very honest lawyer but a good friend as well. Doing business with Nearco is a pleasure.

Junaid Zia

Nov 12, 2010

Thanks

What is the name of your project that you want to be complete?;)

slowhandsam

Nov 16, 2010
I am a property owner in Cocotal and I have not had any problems with my title. I think there is a lot of misinformation about this issue. I have been told that all titles are on property.Every time I have a problem or need guidance with respect to Cocotal, I call their office or email them and they will fix it or advice on the solution.

I would strongly suggest eveyone do the same if they have questions, problems.
I have the General Manager's email if someone needs it.