Protest actions against the new residency renewal rules (vexations)

Franz

Dec 30, 2006
- a lot of Germans protested at there embassy, so at 9/26/2012 the German embassy had a meeting with the director of the migracion. For example more then half of the members of the IRC (Internationaler Residenten Club) sent personal emails to the German ambassador. At the moment the result of the meeting is unknown, I don?t received any massage from them.
- a lot of Spanish protested (see Espa?oles preocupados por obst?culos para renovar residencia en Rep?blica Dominicana - DiarioLibre.com

but what about the big and strong America?? As I read in http://www.dr1.com/forums/legal/126...ions-would-you-recommend-someone-move-dr.html also a lot of people hate the new rules.

I think as more strong countries as United States, Canada, Italian and so on, protests against the new rules as bigger is the chance to lower the level or cancel the new vexatious and expensive rules!!

Four what do they need every 4 years a new medical examen for long time living residents?? If someone receives for example tbc or other dangerous illness here, had he leave the country?? (it is against article 9 of the international human rights!!)
Four what do we need every 4 years a new garanteers-paper??

D.R. benefits a lot from as foreign residents (they bring money in the country, force the economic, give work to D.R.-people, buy the products of the country, pay development aid from there taxes and so on) and what is the thanks from D.R., they persecute us!!

STAND UP, DON?T LET YOURSELF PERSECUTE AND FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS!!

Franz

Dec 30, 2006
sorry for my english, in my post are some funny mistakes, but I think you know what I mean. (its not my native language)

I"m really surprised, 182 clicks and no responde, that means for me everthing is o.k. for you with the new rules!!

donP

Dec 14, 2008
No hay problemas.

She says her bro in law is abogado and these new rules that are talked about here are easy to circumvent.

Could it be that she mentioned "no problem"? :tired:

If she did it simply means that she will not have any problems {but you will } .

donP

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
- a lot of Germans protested at there embassy, so at 9/26/2012 the German embassy had a meeting with the director of the migracion. For example more then half of the members of the IRC (Internationaler Residenten Club) sent personal emails to the German ambassador. At the moment the result of the meeting is unknown, I don?t received any massage from them.
- a lot of Spanish protested (see Espa?oles preocupados por obst?culos para renovar residencia en Rep?blica Dominicana - DiarioLibre.com

but what about the big and strong America?? As I read in http://www.dr1.com/forums/legal/126...ions-would-you-recommend-someone-move-dr.html also a lot of people hate the new rules.

I think as more strong countries as United States, Canada, Italian and so on, protests against the new rules as bigger is the chance to lower the level or cancel the new vexatious and expensive rules!!

Four what do they need every 4 years a new medical examen for long time living residents?? If someone receives for example tbc or other dangerous illness here, had he leave the country?? (it is against article 9 of the international human rights!!)
Four what do we need every 4 years a new garanteers-paper??

D.R. benefits a lot from as foreign residents (they bring money in the country, force the economic, give work to D.R.-people, buy the products of the country, pay development aid from there taxes and so on) and what is the thanks from D.R., they persecute us!!

STAND UP, DON?T LET YOURSELF PERSECUTE AND FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS!!
Cry me a frickin' river.

Who the f@<k are="" you="" to="" tell="" dominicans="" how="" run="" their="" country?
k do you think YOU are to complain how DOMINICANS choose to run their country and decide who and how foreigners are allowed in?

They've been lax for YEARS in not enforcing many immigration policies, and many for YEARS-myself included-have taken advantage of that lack of enforcement to overstay a tourist visa granted by the Dominican gubmint.

NOW they want to control their borders, just like your German gubmint does-and you b!tch about it?

Yeah, it's a pain...but so what?

If you want to be here do what others-including me-are doing: shut up, get your documents together and become legit and legal.</k>

Save the histrionics for complaining about the strict GERMAN immigration policies that many immigrants think are an unfair, colossal PITA...

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
...."
If you want to be here do what others-including me-are doing: shut up, get your documents together and become legit and legal."

Cobraboy, first - the here mentioned people speaking agaist this very strict new rules for a l l a r e l e g i t and l e g a l since years. Did their regularly renovations of residencia and cedula correctly all the years. I personally agree if a country will have clear rules because of the border. So that p.e. people, living here since years without
papers now have to get their documents together. But I do not agree that we other's, doing all correct all the years, now will be treated with all this additional work. They should be able to select in another way.

And - to speak from the strict German immigration - is a poor argument. We are now discussing the
situation h e r e in DR.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
...."
If you want to be here do what others-including me-are doing: shut up, get your documents together and become legit and legal."

Cobraboy, first - the here mentioned people speaking agaist this very strict new rules for a l l a r e l e g i t and l e g a l since years. Did their regularly renovations of residencia and cedula correctly all the years. I personally agree if a country will have clear rules because of the border. So that p.e. people, living here since years without
papers now have to get their documents together. But I do not agree that we other's, doing all correct all the years, now will be treated with all this additional work. They should be able to select in another way.
I assume English is not your first language and you don't know how a keyboard works, because your post is almost indecipherable.

Fact is the DR has ALWAYS been a pile of confusing, often contradicting mish-mash of inconsistently enforced laws. So what? Now they crack down and some will be mildly inconvenienced.

"Harden the f@k up!" the

sabra said:
And - to speak from the strict German immigration - is a poor argument. We are now discussing the
situation h e r e in DR.
To you, maybe.

I see crass hypocrisy: you want loose immigration laws for the DR because they suit you. But you want harsh immigration laws in Germany...because THERE they suit you.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Telling the Germans to Shut Up.

Who the f@<k are="" you="" to="" tell="" dominicans="" how="" run="" their="" country?
k do you think YOU are to complain how DOMINICANS choose to run their country and decide who and how foreigners are allowed in?
(...)
If you want to be here do what others-including me-are doing: shut up, get your documents together and become legit and legal.</k>

... you don't know how a keyboard works...(...)
"Harden the f@k up!" the (...)
But you want harsh immigration laws in Germany...because THERE they suit you.

CB, with all respect:

Those are harsh words.
Franz and sabra are Germans and have had their residency permits for years.
And yes, they complain about the new rules and inconvenient circumstances (like many here have and I am certain will continue to do so).
Even the German embassy and the Spanish commerce board is having talks with 'migraci?n' about the new procedures.
Should they shut up, too? :ermm:

Nobody tells the Dominicans how to run the state, but to speak up and air one's opinion should be welcome.

Now, if you (and Mr. Webster) keep quiet and do everything you are asked to do, that's fine.
Others, however, should have a choice whether to follow your footsteps or not.

There is no need to tell others to shut up. :mad:

donP

Franz

Dec 30, 2006
1.) you don't know how a keyboard works, because your post is almost indecipherable.

2.) But you want harsh immigration laws in Germany...because THERE they suit you.

1.) very very easy, if I have no good answer then I say I don"t understand you
2.) and what about the united states, if I where you I would keep very quiet, then it"s more difficult then in germany, but thats not the theme

and at least, persons like you are one of the reason that domincans think they can do with us what they want!

Last edited:

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
CB, with all respect:

Those are harsh words.
And yes, they complain about the new rules and inconvenient circumstances (like many here have and I am certain will continue to do so).
Even the German embassy and the Spanish commerce board is having talks with 'migraci?n' about the new procedures.

Nobody tells the Dominicans how to run the state, but to speak up and air one's opinion should be welcome.

Now, if you (and Mr. Webster) keep quiet and do everything you are asked to do, that's fine.

donP
Just tired of the complaining, that's all.

I stand by my comments.

Folks complained when the changes were first announced and there were some minor procedural changes. But the essence of the changes stood. What's this? A second round of complaints on the same issue?

"Do what we're asked?" Huh? Our host country lays down a law based on rampant abuse and...finally...enforces something and I'm supposed to blow it off? C'Mon!

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
I assume English is not your first language and you don't know how a keyboard works, because your post is almost indecipherable.

Fact is the DR has ALWAYS been a pile of confusing, often contradicting mish-mash of inconsistently enforced laws. So what? Now they crack down and some will be mildly inconvenienced.

"Harden the f@k up!" the

To you, maybe.

I see crass hypocrisy: you want loose immigration laws for the DR because they suit you. But you want harsh immigration laws in Germany...because THERE they suit you.

This is not difficult to check out - that english is not my native language - hit.

And normally I know how to use a keyboard - i do not know what now happend.

This: "I see crass hypocrisy: you want loose immigration laws for the DR because they suit you. But you want harsh immigration laws in Germany...because THERE they suit you."

This is your perception. I did not say, that I want loose immigration laws for the DR or harsh immigration laws in Germany - I just remarked that n o w
and here in this forum we are speaking about the new rules of DR.
Partly this new rules are really necessary - but the migracion should select in a human and fair kind.

To speak about HYPOCRISY is offensive and not to the point.

Franz

Dec 30, 2006
Our host country lays down a law based on rampant abuse and...finally...enforces something and I'm supposed to blow it off?

may I ask you what is your profession? lawyer or notary? then I understand that why you stand by your comments.;)

I think the old rules are strong enough!

I don"t like every 4 years unhealthy xrays, do you??? What is the sense???
for what we need every 4 years new guarantors?? What is the sense???
why it it nessesary to bring every 4 years new evidence of assets or pension??? What is the sense???

can you explane me that?

for me all that are bullying with no sense!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Franz

Dec 30, 2006
I don`t understand one thing: where is the big problem to write 1 email, post it here, and all send it to there ambassador in D.R. to ask him to speak with the chief of the magracion??? Its so easy and costs less time!!!
who`s they don"t like the common text write there own one.

where is the problem or what do you fear???????????

do you like it more drive every 4 years to S.D. do stupid things and spend money for stupid things ??????????????????????

Last edited:

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
may I ask you what is your profession? lawyer or notary? then I understand that why you stand by your comments.;)
Do a search. My edumacation bona fides and background are here for all to see.

Franz said:
I think the old rules are strong enough!
I may also. Obviously Dominicans don't.

Franz said:
I don"t like every 4 years unhealthy xrays, do you??? What is the sense???
If I object strongly enough, I'd just not renew my residency and move to where they aren't required.

Franz said:
for what we need every 4 years new guarantors?? What is the sense???
Maybe they are trying to cull the herd from the "I used to have $$$, but now I'm broke" crowd.

Franz said:
why it it nessesary to bring every 4 years new evidence of assets or pension??? What is the sense???

can you explane me that?
Beats me. I didn't make the law. I may not agree with the "new" process, but I'm not in a position to dictate. I either obey or leave their country.

Franz said:
for me all that are bullying with no sense!!!:mad::mad::mad:
If you think I've been "bullying" then you have incredibly thin skin.

Hispanola

Feb 4, 2011
I don`t understand one thing: where is the big problem to write 1 email, post it here, and all send it to there ambassador in D.R. to ask him to speak with the chief of the magracion??? Its so easy and costs less time!!!
who`s they don"t like the common text write there own one.

where is the problem or what do you fear???????????

do you like it more drive every 4 years to S.D. do stupid things and spend money for stupid things ??????????????????????

Yes I agree, but since I just went through these stupid things a couple of weeks ago, I now have another 4 years before I have to worry about these stupid things again.

Why don't you renew it like I did and get a 4 year Permanent-Residency this time ?
Before the new procedures came into effect you could only renew it for 2 years.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the needless X-ray radiation infused into my body.

peeing into a cup in-front of the nurse was hard, but she relaxed me.

Franz

Dec 30, 2006
Y
Before the new procedures came into effect you could only renew it for 2 years.
sorry, but thats not correct. I have friends in the IRC they got it for 10 years (they live more then 10 years here and got it with no tricks). As I heard in the migracion thats over now, the maximum now is 4 years.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
CB, with all respect:

Those are harsh words.

donP

Don,
What is wrong about being a law abiding resident?

You make comments that seem to be self serving at best, even arrogant possibly....

It seems at times that you just like to take the other side.... sort a feces disturber, if you will.

The exit door is wide open for people who don't like the system.

My comment "Put up or Shut up" was meant more figuratively than literally - as in...
Let your feet do your talking.

Thats what we do.....
CB is one of the people that could take umbrage with my thread.. he is a long time interloper here.
Well accepted in the community and true 'Giver back'..... yet no residency..... por que?

Por que doesn't matter - he's not whining or carrying a placard or trying to rally the dissidents in protest.

He's talking with his feet and actions........

CB is going to Migracion.
A man of action -- not words. Leading by example.

Take a lesson.

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
Different people different scenarios

Harden the F up is not what I need to hear
I live and work in Houston ,born in Germany
so flying home to start my paperwork is more than irritating and an expense and time consuming
cant call home right quick and have Mom send me some missing paperwork that needs to be ueber apostilled

but I am glad you got yours :)

Manu

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Another f u contest ,

Relax boys and get along now.

You can say "f u contest" again.... and again... and VERY FEW will understand.

1. The Dominican Republic is NOT the same as YOUR Country.
2. The Dominican Republic does NOT care how YOUR Country does things.
3. THIS is the Dominican Republic and the Dominican Republic has the right to make Laws in the Dominican Republic.
4. MOST expats are GUESTS in the Dominican Republic and it does not matter if for 1 week or several years BUT you are only a guest for as long as you SAID you are/were entering/staying in the Dominican Republic for. The Dominican Law IS the Law.
5. I don't think that the Dominican Republic gives ONE HOOT that you VERY SPECIAL persons are upset or offended. No matter how much YOU own or how many years that you have been coming OR have lived here.
6. The Dominican Republic has a process, though it may be confusing and require that you do some things and yes, changing some, they DO HAVE a process to make everyone legal..... JUST LIKE IN YOUR HOME COUNTRIES.

In Short.... as someone else said... "suck it up". It is NOT a Dominican Republic problem..... IT'S YOURS.

Last edited:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Different people different scenarios

Harden the F up is not what I need to hear
I live and work in Houston ,born in Germany
so flying home to start my paperwork is more than irritating and an expense and time consuming
cant call home right quick and have Mom send me some missing paperwork that needs to be ueber apostilled

but I am glad you got yours :)

Manu

MANU,
what took you so long?
Why so late.... this did not have to be hard.... bad luck for you, sorry.
He who hesitates is lost.... there are several phrases to chastise procrastinators...

Just get on with it...

I promise - someone here has a BIGGER problem than you do...
And they may not be whining about it........

Actually, I know of one and she has posted here...on DR1

Get on with it...... we're here to help but its not a confessional where you get out absolved..