Two Canadians being held in Jail in Higuey charged with assault? Wedding Party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
LOL... mysterious assailant runs away and just disappears... and nobody knows who or where he is. Yea... right. LOL I'd be interested in hearing the story from the guy who got beat up.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Sounds familiar... Punta Cana, Canadians, hotel, brawl... not the first story of that kind.

CARIBETORNO

May 3, 2013
wow, i know someone that had something like that to them.He was a good friend of mine They were just there when a fight broke out. He only lost his job because of it however in the end. He was indentified by a witness. He was just sitting there minding his own business when the attack on someone happened and he was identified as one of the attackers. He said he was just trying to get up off the floor.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
What do I care about Turkey? We are talking about Punta Cana. This is the East Coast Forum. Not the Middle East forum... :)

I didn't speak against Canadians, but if you would be a little longer here you would know that there were similar incidents before involving people from Canada.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Dominicans rarely if ever are involved in fights in bars, etc. It is almost always foreigners. And when the Police come they can't wait to lock up any Gringo around the area.

Best advice is get out fast if something happens. Staying around can only mean trouble.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Typical screwed up **** from DR Police. These are the things that actually keep this country in the dark ages, and always will.

It saddens me as these stories about this lawless country destroys tourism which we all know hurts the country. We have heard many times that NA travel agents say when in the DR stay in your AI in punta cana as everywhere else is poluted with crime, prostitution, drugs etc.... We know this is an exageration but it still hurts. Now your not safe in your PC Resort either.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Isn't this the same area where the Cdn was beaten up for protecting a chica at the bar..... two men waited outside for him and ambushed him/?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Dominicans rarely if ever are involved in fights in bars, etc. It is almost always foreigners. And when the Police come they can't wait to lock up any Gringo around the area.

chipization of dr1 continues, i see? maybe you meant: "dominican rarely if ever are involved in fights that do not result in death"?

please, read on:
Tres hombres mueren y dos resultan heridos en ri?as - DiarioLibre.com
Mujeres en ri?as matan a sus maridos a pu?aladas - DiarioLibre.com
Polic?a apresa mujer mat? concubino en medio de ri?a ocurrida en Hig?ey - DiarioLibre.com
Un hombre mata a otro en disputa por una mujer - DiarioLibre.com
Adolescente mata haitiano de una pu?alada - DiarioLibre.com

and that's just few last weeks.

philosopher

Jul 7, 2010
If the family offered the police the money that they are paying for the Canadian Lawyer, the two would be free by now.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
isn't anyone else reading the same story "between the lines" that I am?

Random, or not so random, guy bumps into bride from wedding at late night buffet. (Probably more than a bump, or maybe some other spark ignites it all.)

Drunken groom and his cousin beat the crap out of the guy. (Mystery assailant is not only a mystery, but also non existent.)

Group fabricates story as reported.

Family thinks (incorrectly) "trying the case" in the Canadian media will somehow fix the mess in D.R.

Guys still in jail.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Those who live in the DR need to familiarize themselves with Dominican Laws. You are guilty until proven innocent. Both parties involved are thrown in jail until police sort out the circumstances. They will be set free once they investigate and interrogate witnesses.

Last edited:

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
If these guys are still in jail, then the guy who took the beating must still be continuing with the charge. From jail to court and charge is very simple here. If the charged are taken to court and there is no charge (a victim pressing charges there and then) then the judge just frees them within 24 hours. If there is no victim to place charges then the court/jail can not hold them more than 24 hours (not the same as the 72hour holding rule) If there is a court date and the victim does not show up then you are automatically released, a citation to both is sent out and if on the second time the victim does not show up then it is dropped entirely.

So, there must be a victim pressing charges here, this is not the UK where the police press the charge if the victim won't. If the victim is pressing charges against these two for something they had nothing to do with, isn't this a bit strange?

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
All that is going thru my head is what my dad always yapped " nothing good happens after midnight ".

Status
Not open for further replies.