Progreso and ScotiaBank

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I hope this will improve things. I'm a Progreso customer and was very close to closing my account and moving elsewhere. For the most part, I was satisfied with their service, but their insistence on using AmEx as their debit card has left me high and dry on a number of occasions. Their cards are also not compatible with many ATMs here either.

AmEx is slowly becoming obsolete in my opinion.

I'll hold out and see if things improve then.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I hope this will improve things. I'm a Progreso customer and was very close to closing my account and moving elsewhere. For the most part, I was satisfied with their service, but their insistence on using AmEx as their debit card has left me high and dry on a number of occasions. Their cards are also not compatible with many ATMs here either.

AmEx is slowly becoming obsolete in my opinion.

I'll hold out and see if things improve then.

I heard AmEx is the credit card with the highest fee that apply the bank to the shops for acepting that card, thats why always Visa and Mastercard has been very popular, a lot places do not acept AmEx.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
What is scota banks limit on atm withdrawals, and their atm usage fee on non scota bank cards? Progresso is 150rd per transaction with I believe a 20,000 max withdrawal. Am hoping that don't change.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I heard AmEx is the credit card with the highest fee that apply the bank to the shops for acepting that card, thats why always Visa and Mastercard has been very popular, a lot places do not acept AmEx.
Amex charges 4.5% per transaction that’s why less and less merchants use it..

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
What is scota banks limit on atm withdrawals, and their atm usage fee on non scota bank cards? Progresso is 150rd per transaction with I believe a 20,000 max withdrawal. Am hoping that don't change.

With foreign cards, I used BPD ATMs for years, until they limited the withdrawals to 10k with 175 peso (or something like that) withdrawal fees. Then, by accident, I had to use Progreso ATM one time, and have not used any others since then. The ones on POP, indeed 20k with 150 peso fee, and reliable, hardly ever downtime and never queue.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016

the Scotia bank I use on Del Sol st. has a $ 30,000 limit per day.....

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
the Scotia bank I use on Del Sol st. has a $ 30,000 limit per day.....

At least I was only referring to the limit per withdrawal, due to the fact that the withdrawal fees are only charge per withdrawal and nothing else. Once when we had to make a large deposit, I had no trouble withdrawing 50k+ in one day with Progreso...

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008

First thought that came to my mind, when I heard this news. There go our ATMs with RD$150 per transaction and can withdrawal 20-30K at one time.

SF61

Apr 3, 2017
I'm a ScotiaBank account holder in Canada and use the machine in Cabarete. I have never taken out more than $30k, so I am not sure what the limit might be, but aside from having to do it $10,000 at a time, I have had no problems. I pay no transaction fees as an account holder at any of their ATM's around the world and any affiliate machines. I would assume this will include Progreso machines once their brand has been added. I would would also assume that the same benefits would be extended to Progreso account holders. The fee for using a 3rd party ATM with ScotiaBank is $1.50/trans CDN.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I think Progreso account holders will have more ATM access....

As will ScotiaBank clients.

Adverse effects should be minimal...... on existing account holders.
New applications.... can’t say yet.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Amex charges 4.5% per transaction that’s why less and less merchants use it..

The rate depends on how quickly the merchant wants the funds transferred into their bank account. If you want it in your bank the day after the purchase is made you will pay a higher fee. I believe 4.5% is the rate if you are willing to wait 3 days. Don't quote me on that as things may have changed, but that is what I remember the rates being.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
They already at some branch ATMs. Lower max withdrawal limits, max number of daily transactions and transaction fee increase. After the transition is complete, I believe the max withdrawal limit per transaction at the old Progresso machines will be $RD 10,000.00 based on what Scotiabank now has in place.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I think it is a matter of location and competition.
In POP the maximum withdrawal at Scotia Bank seems to be $10,000 DOP. while when I was visiting SDO at SB there was a $40,000. Max per withdrawal

The lower the limits the more withdraws needed , the more fees collected. It is called Banking.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
They already at some branch ATMs. Lower max withdrawal limits, max number of daily transactions and transaction fee increase. After the transition is complete, I believe the max withdrawal limit per transaction at the old Progresso machines will be $RD 10,000.00 based on what Scotiabank now has in place.

Yes, this is what I'm expecting and this is bad news. Due to the reliability of Progreso, I would hate to change ATMs or banks, so need calculate how much would the new fees impact withdrawals...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The times - They are achangin'

Dear (a) Customer:
We have eliminated the monthly fee for accounts without movement after 6 months or more, effective today , May 27, 2020. We invite you to consult our website updated rate.

Thanks for choosing us!

Progress Bank.

No more inactivity fees and they tell me I need to nothing about my accounts or international transfers
The rollover is automatic