The future of Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Taylor

With the attempt at ending the prostitution in Sosua, so that Sosua may be reborn as a family destination, does anyone know what the actual plan is?

Would it not make more sense to just move the prostitution to another area and attempt to 'control' it? It's not like you can end it, the mongers will continue to come, and the ladies will continue offer their services.

D

Derfish

With the attempt at ending the prostitution in Sosua, so that Sosua may be reborn as a family destination, does anyone know what the actual plan is?

Would it not make more sense to just move the prostitution to another area and attempt to 'control' it? It's not like you can end it, the mongers will continue to come, and the ladies will continue offer their services.

So if you force them to go elsewhere isn't elsewhere gonna have the same "Problem?" Why wish it on elsewhere?
Derfish

D

Derfish

So if you force them to go elsewhere isn't elsewhere gonna have the same "Problem?" Why wish it on elsewhere?
Derfish

Why not just accept that that is ow somepeole are and miond your own business instead of getting your panties ina wad and telling others what they are allowed to do and when and where?
Derfish

T

Taylor

If the problem is that families don't want to walk down the street filled with prostitutes, then by moving the prostitution to a sanctioned area, would that not solve the problem and keep business going?

W

windeguy

This has been discussed to a large extent on DR1. While there are no laws against a prostitute to offer her services directly to a john, there are laws against other people pimping those services. Setting up businesses to aid and promote prostitution could be considered illegal. That may be why a "red light district" is hard to realize.

If the prostitution were not "in your face" you would not see the various actions taken over the years like closing the fronts of businesses, dress codes, etc. The government certainly has no easy and viable approach on this.

H

Harleysrock

If the problem is that families don't want to walk down the street filled with prostitutes, then by moving the prostitution to a sanctioned area, would that not solve the problem and keep business going?

Sounds easy doesn’t it...

W

windeguy

Why not just accept that that is ow somepeole are and miond your own business instead of getting your panties ina wad and telling others what they are allowed to do and when and where?
Derfish

Many people, including Dominicans do not choose to ignore it. Are you going to tell them they should ignore it? As a Libertarian, I think people should be able to do whatever they want to as long as it does not hurt someone else. Many people do not think that way.

D

Derfish

What about the families living there? Don't they count?
Derfish

C

cobraboy

I'm not sure there has been any decision to make Sosua a "family destination."

That is a classic Straw Man argument.

D

drstock

There was a move to institute a semi-official "red light" area near the new Cestur station a couple of years ago. The idea being that the business could continue, away from where the hoards of families would go. Somebody actually started constructing a place where the bars could be. Of course, as the plan changes with the wind here, the construction was brought to a screeching halt by the "powers that be" and the scheme never got off the ground.

D

Derfish

Yes, they're the ones making the change. Do you really think we have any say in the matter?

Me? No. I think it is none of our business! No idea how to state that more clearly.
Derfish

Last edited:
Reactions: avloc
B

Big

I saw the future of Sosua last night. Was there for dinner and drinks. 100 to 125 chicas , conservatively on Pedro C and area

C

ctrob

I saw the future of Sosua last night. Was there for dinner and drinks. 100 to 125 chicas , conservatively on Pedro C and area

i got a bridge for sale. I named it the GeeDubya.

B

bigbird

How many years have you been seeing the future of Sosua because you sound like an excited newbie. No offense.

B

Big

How many years have you been seeing the future of Sosua because you sound like an excited newbie. No offense.

excited about change that is not going to happen in Sosua for the next twenty years?? If a long term investor is looking to turn Sosua into some type of family or retirement destination, he better have a long long time horizon

D

Derfish

excited about change that is not going to happen in Sosua for the next twenty years?? If a long term investor is looking to turn Sosua into some type of family or retirement destination, he better have a long long time horizon

And lotsa $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

T

Timotero

H’mmmmm? Your numbers seem inflated? I was there last night too. Having dinner and drinks on the patio at the former Rumbas watching the street. The number of “strollers” seemed significantly reduced during the time I observed (8:30pm-10pm approx).

For that entire time period, there were two female police officers stationed on either side of the sidewalk in front of Bourbon Street. I didn’t see them make any arrests, but most chicas seemed to be pretty intimidated by them. They would start to walk down PC from the Dr Rosen corner, but as soon as they saw the PN (they were Policia National. Not CESTUR) they would stop for a moment, then usually do an about face.

It almost seemed to me that the PN was trying to harass the Bourbon Street Bar by stationing the PN there. The place was empty.

I can’t say what happpened after 10pm though.

B

Big

H’mmmmm? Your numbers seem inflated? I was there last night too. Having dinner and drinks on the patio at the former Rumbas watching the street. The number of “strollers” seemed significantly reduced during the time I observed (8:30pm-10pm approx).

For that entire time period, there were two female police officers stationed on either side of the sidewalk in front of Bourbon Street. I didn’t see them make any arrests, but most chicas seemed to be pretty intimidated by them. They would start to walk down PC from the Dr Rosen corner, but as soon as they saw the PN (they were Policia National. Not CESTUR) they would stop for a moment, then usually do an about face.

It almost seemed to me that the PN was trying to harass the Bourbon Street Bar by stationing the PN there. The place was empty.

I can’t say what happpened after 10pm though.

you would be wrong. Got to Merengue around 1100p.m crowded all the way to mens room in back, the smaller bars had ample people as well. Restaurant (Margot) was busy as well. dem is da facts

Status
Not open for further replies.